Chapter Two- New Beginnings

"Yeah this is room 14" a guy says as he enters the room.

He's tall, handsome, slim but he's muscular and that's because I could see his abs which are clenched to his T-shirt and his eyes are brown which matches his short dark hair.

"He's definitely the son my family will trade me for." I say to myself.

Apparently I was the first to be in the room which made him second to be in the room.

"Hi" he says with a nice smile.

"Hi" I say returning the smile.

"Hello" a nice woman greets me with a huge smile. I must say it seems as if smiling is in their family.

Anyways I respond back.

"Are you in this room" the guy asks me.

"Is this guy dumb" I say under my breath.

"Yes. I'm in this room" I say and decide to leave the room.

After half an hour when his mother and brother had left the room, I breathed in heavily and entered the room. I walk to my bed open up a biology book to read so as to avoid him. To be frank that was my plan to avoid most people, join the school choir, get good grades and maybe learn to play the violin.

"Hey I'm Thomas by the way. Thomas Barden." he says.

"Oh okay" I say without looking up from my book.

" And what about you, do you have a name" Thomas asks.

I give him a sideways glance before answering. " Jeremiah Ramsey but you can call me Jerry."

" Oh okay nice" Thomas says. " So are you going to keep avoiding me. You do know we're in the same room right?"
he continues.

All I do is say nothing and hopes he leaves me alone but before I realized he stands infront of me and takes my book.

" Hey give me that back" I say angrily.

"Do I have your attention now?" He asks as he holds my book away from me.

"Yeah sure fine just give me my book." I say. And I'm only giving him my attention this once because he'll certainly leave me alone when the others arrive.

"Jeremiah what are you going to study here?" He asks.

" Well obviously I'm going to study biology" I say holding up the book.

But he laughs and says nothing waiting for me to continue.

"I'm also going to study Physics, Chemistry and Elective Mathematics"

Here in Corpus Christi, everyone is supposed to choose four electives they'll do in addition to the core subjects which are Math, English, IT and P.E

"Wow I see" he says. "Well I'm doing same but mine doesn't involve biology I substituted it with Geography.

"Okay" that's all I said.

What? What else could I have said.

"Is this how you are?" he asks me "Do you have any friends?

"Yes and no" I said looking straight into his brown eyes.

He steps right infront of me too close if I must say. Then he says the most awkward thing ever.

"I like you" he says grinning.

"What?" I scream into his face.

Then he starts laughing and all I could do was stand there in shock.

"Yeah I like you. And I'm going to say it till you accept that I'm your best friend"

"Oh" I sigh glad it wasn't what I thought he meant.

"But if you want us to be.."

"No" I cut him short before he says anything else.

"Dude I was just joking" he says laughing like he just heard a comedian tell a joke.

I stood there and smiled at how foolish he looked.

"But seriously you need to chill. Trying to avoid people isn't going to work here especially since you know...you're in a boarding school."

"Fine" hoping my response will keep him shut for the rest of the day.

After some time the room is full and there are eight of us in the room. Unfortunately for me Thomas is sleeping on my left which means my good night sleep is over.

On my other side is a short guy, funny, also slim and he wears glasses. His name is Gerald Grayson.
The other guys in the room are Percy Graham who looks muscular and good looking but clearly a rich snob, there's also Benson Jones blonde hair with sparkling blue eyes, also is Chase Maguire, Ethan Richardson and Freddie Arnolds and boy do they have one thing in common they are all slim some a bit muscular but still slim.

I sit up look up and sigh "God why me?"

Out of nowhere Thomas appears and asks "Are you praying?"

I ignore him and lie on my bed.

Soon night draws and I go and take my bath. The house has a bathroom on each floor but when the taps aren't flowing you have to go to the ground floor and fetch water which is very tedious. After bathing, I move to my room to put on my pyjamas but as I look inside the room all I see is beautifully sculptured bodies which are enough to make a girl faint and turn a straight guy gay. And it was then I realized this new beginning just got a little bit worse.
I sat on my bed and when I removed my t-shirt to put on my PJs, Percy comes right up to me and makes fun of how big my stomach is and the other guys start laughing even Thomas.

"Hey Jerry are you pregnant?" he says while laughing so hard.

All I do is say nothing and dress up quickly before lights out.

"Hey Percy I thought guys are supposed to have broad chest." Benson says as he uses his hand to pass through his chest.

"Yeah you're right Benson" Percy says " maybe he's not a guy but a girl" he says laughing.

" I'm sure he's never touched a broad chest before" Benson says

" Yeah you're right" says Percy 

And just then he grabs my hands and pulls me close to him and use my hand to rub his chest.

"Feels masculine doesn't it" he says grinning.

"Leave me alone" was all I could say.

He didn't mind and so I pushed him back so he wasn't close to me anymore.

"Don't touch me again" I say as I stare at him.

He held my stare and chuckled then he casually goes back to his bed and puts on his PJs.

Then before the lights go out he says "We'll see about that"

And before I knew it it was lights out.
I checked my watch and saw that it was almost midnight and couldn't sleep. I sat up and as I listened to the other guys snore and watched the stillness of the night and pondered over what had just happened, then I thought to myself. "Maybe it's going to get better" and with that I drifted off to sleep.

Hey guys hoped you loved this chapter please comment and vote for this chapter. Thanks a lot 😁