21 ½. evergreen;

author's note

this is a continuation from last chapter. it's smutty asf because i write what i want to oh well oh well oh well!!!!! i have made it very clear where the smutty stuff starts and ends so y'all don't have to read it if you don't want to. i waffled for a long, long time whether or not to post smut because the idea of anyone underage reading smut makes me cringe from the inside out, but i can't stop you and nobody stopped me from reading smut underage so. it's not like, explicit. y'all know me. i'm tasteful. but still. the breaks are there for you, if smutty stuff makes you uncomfy! take care of yourselves okay love u happy reading.

*     *     *

The rest of the evening carried on almost painfully slowly. The group of us went to the catering tent to grab dinner and I decided to follow Chloe's recommendation of trying the veggie burger she liked that they were offering. It was actually quite tasty and I was glad I'd gotten it.

Because the evening was free and available due to Waterparks' sets being early in the day, I roamed around the grounds with Awsten, Geoff and Chloe to check out the bands playing in the evening. Otto had dragged Grace off somewhere after dinner, presumably to do the same raunchy thing Awsten and I were planning on doing later.

The boys had gotten very into Don Broco this summer so we watched their set, which was a blast. I insisted on seeing State Champs and danced my way through their set, screaming lyrics from the side stage like an idiot. Our night closed with Simple Plan, which was the greatest middle school throwback, and Chloe and I took turns dramatically singing parts of the songs to each other, much to the amusement of our boyfriends.

We would get stopped every once and a while by a fan or a group of fans that would recognize either Awsten or Geoff. I took quite a few photos that day of very excited, slightly sunburned kids, something I was always happy to do. Chloe and I would stand off to the side to give the guys privacy while they talked to fans.

It was honestly such a distinct vibe at Warped Tour because everyone's favorite band guys and girls just walked around the grounds and it was so easy to pull them aside, get photos and just chat. I made a mental note of all the people I needed to beg Awsten to take me to meet during my few days on tour. If lame people online thought I was using Awsten to meet famous people, I might as well not make them completely wrong.

"You guys gonna come to barbeque with us?" Geoff asked as Warped Tour officially ended and we headed off the grounds and into the backstage area again.

Apparently it was some tradition that there was a barbeque held for the bands and crew after each Warped date was closed up. I had yet to meet the man himself, Kevin Lyman, but I was told he moseyed around and hung out which was cool. I was stoked to go eat some delicious food and hang out with everyone, but not tonight.

"Absolutely fucking not," Awsten said almost immediately. Suspiciously fast. "I need a shower in the worst way."

"We'll do barbeque in Houston with you guys," I added.

I didn't know why I was acting like we needed to sneak around. We were all adults here.

Grace gave me a knowing smile. "We'll come collect you from the bus when it's time to go," she said sweetly.

"Bus call is 11 tonight," Geoff reminded Awsten, grinning when Awsten made a big show of rolling his eyes and being a big baby in general.

"Fuck. I know that, Dad. I'm in the same group text as you are so I did see it. God!" he whined playfully and then reached for my hand. "Now then, we're leaving. Enjoy your barbeque. If y'all need us, don't!"