~3~

Maya's POV
"I'll have a caramel macchiato please." I told the Starbucks clerk. "And I'll have a mocha latte." Bethany added. We paid and found a table to sit at.

"So, what's going on in the life of Maya lately?" she asked me before taking a sip of her drink.

"Not much I guess." I lied. Just then my phone buzzed.

From Cameron:
Hey there gorgeous;)

"Who was that?" Bethany asked. "Just some guy." I smiled at the thought of him. I haven't told her about Cam yet.

"What guy?!" she smirked. I then began telling her about cameron and the day at the beach and how he kissed me and then how I kissed him. Of course including how hot he is too.

"Go Maya!" Bethany almost screamed. "Sssshhhhhhh!" I laughed. "You're being really loud."

Then I continued, "but anyway, I think I might have feelings for him, and it seems like he has feelings for me, but I think it might be too soon."

"Just give it some time." Bethany reassured me. "Thanks Beth."

We got up and left after we finished our drinks. I dropped Beth of and proceeded home. When I got home I found a note taped to the front door.
It read:

To: Maya
Come on over when you get home!
From: Cam

I smiled and crossed the street to his house. I knocked on the door and he appeared shirtless. "Hey there." he said. "Hi." I replied.

We walked into his house and sat on the couch close to each other. "Why didn't you answer my text earlier?" he asked with a pouty face. I laughed, "sorry, I was hanging with Bethany. "Who's that?"
"My best friend. She also sorta has a thing with Nash."
"Ooo. Interesting." he smirked.

"So," I asked, "why'd you want me over?"
"I just wanted to hang."
"Are your parents home?"
"Nah."
"Then you don't just want to 'hang' mister." I smirked.
"Not really." he replied smirking back.

He began to kiss me and I kissed back, passionately. Sparks were flying and I forgot about the whole world for a few minutes. Our lips moved in sync perfectly. I twirled my fingers through his soft brown hair. We kissed for a few more moments then he pulled away.

"Wow you're amazing." he said.
"So are you." I replied out of breath.

Cameron's POV

Maya is the most amazing kisser. I've never felt a connection so strong. She leaned in again. We kissed so passionately it was like the whole world disappeared and it was just us. I ran my tongue along her bottom lip asking for entrance. She pulled away abruptly.

"I'm sorry." she began.
"No don't be sorry." I tucked her hair behind her ear. "What's the matter?"

"I think I'm just going to go." she said. And with that, she left.

Maya's POV

I ran back to the house and flopped on my bed, sighing. We're taking this all way to fast, I tried to tell myself. I've barely know this guy for a week. I just couldn't totally commit to him yet.

But our kissing, it was so passionate and meaningful.
I'm falling in love with this boy, but I couldn't be too sure. Maybe he didn't feel the same way. I decided to text him.

To Cameron:
Hey Cam. Look, I'm sorry I left. I don't know you that well and I think we need to take this all slower. If it is anything at all. Can we just be friends for now?

I hit send and heard a buzz not even a minute later.

From Cameron:
Yes we can be friends. I will wait for you as long as it takes to make you mine.

God how bad I wanted that boy. But I knew this was the right thing to do.

----------
hey everyone! thanks for reading! ~grace xoxo