ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

My eyes started to well up with tears as the pressure on my neck from Mujin's knife kept increasing. I tried to get up off the table but Mujin shoved me back down whilst simultaneously releasing me from the cruel clutch of his knife.

"Will you answer me now? Or would you like to experience something similar again?"
Mujin looked down at me with his sharp eyes and lifted my chin up ever so slightly with the tip of his bloody knife - just so I could face him.

"No thanks."
I replied calmly as I lowered the knife in his hands and smiled back.

"Are you sure about that?"

I suddenly saw a glint of silver move swiftly near my leg before a mordant sensation took over. I looked down at my excruciatingly painful leg and saw a large red pool of blood flowing all over it.
It didn't take long for me to notice I had been stabbed by the maniac and I shot him a half pallid look as i saw him clean up his crimson knife with his jacket before throwing the blood stained coat onto the floor.

"You sure do have a unique way of interrogation." I tried my best to blink back my tears despite the throbbing pain from my blood soaked limb.

"And you sure do have a unique way of playing dumb. Answer my question before I do something worse."

I broke eye contact and chuckled to myself at how desperate this man was for something he couldn't have. I leaned back on the desk and looked him up and down - finally getting a proper look at my abductor. Before I could stay in this position for too long, a faint whirring was heard from the far side of the room. I recognised this as the opening of the exit and my mood was lifted almost immediately - maybe I had a chance to get out?

"Sir, we've found something..."
The same man who shoved me into the car came half running through the door and requested for Mujin.

"It's about Park Jeong-Hyuk"
Mujin glared at me one last time before heading over to the exit.

"Get someone to clean her up", I heard Mujin pass on instructions to the man at the door as he swiftly walked past him.
After he had left, the assistant glanced over at me and then began to walk towards the table I was still sitting on.
I felt his eyes linger over my open wounds and his arm snake though mine to try to support me as I got up.

"I can walk by myself."
I pulled away from him and began walking over to the exit ; trying to forget about the burning pain in my thigh.

"If you say so."
He opened the door with his fingerprint and waited for me to catch up on the other side.
I tried my best to avoid eye contact whilst limping through a long corridor behind him.
After what felt like hours, we finally reached a large, black door at the end of the corridor.

The sound of rattling echoed through the empty setting as I watched the man fumble around in his pocket for a large set of silver keys. Once he found the correct key, he opened the door with a click and we were exposed to a huge room filled to the brim with shelves that seemed to carry medicines for all types of wounds and illnesses.

"Please go and sit on the bed."
A different man sauntered over to where I was standing. He looked like some sort of medic with his white lab coat and rubber gloves. His hair was slicked back with a tub full of gel and his black specs rested awkwardly on the end of his freckled nose.
I hesitated for a second before slowly walking over to the white medical bed at the opposite end of the room. However, whilst walking, I noticed an open window just beside the bed...
Behind me, the man who led me in had already left and the medic was looking around on the shelves for tools and other equipment - too busy to notice anything suspicious.

I subtly looked out of the window and saw how the ground was just a few meters below.
It would be a painful fall but I was willing to do anything to get out of the place I was stuck in.
Whilst mulling this option over, I heard a faint click from behind me.

"Don't even think about it."
The man in the room with me was pointing a gun straight at my head. I turned around to face him - having no intention to listen.

"You can't get rid of me like that." I chuckled as I spoke.
"You need me."
I gripped the edge of the window and tried to drag myself out but before I could jump, an arm grabbed my stomach and pulled me back onto the floor.

"I can't let you leave no matter what. I've been ordered.", I heard him huffing as he started to get up and put his gun away.
Suddenly , I was dragged to my feet and roughly placed onto the bed beside me and told to sit still. The man began cleaning up my wound and disinfecting afterwards, leaving a horrible stinging sensation to flood into my body.
Next, he began to carefully stitch up the open wound which increased the agony once more.
Pain was all I could feel - even the confusion and panic had disappeared to make space for the terrible torment.

Once he had finished doing his last stitch, I heard footsteps behind the door before the same man who led me in walked over to me.

"You can go now Jae Wook, I'll take it from here."