Day Nine. "Vision and Mission"

The most primal, hair-raising sound awakened me. A reverberation that a wild carnivorous mammal makes that comes from deep in his throat.

A horrifying realization sunk when I saw the creature before me - the Wolf of Hell! It was so close that I felt its warm disgusting breath on my face.

The angels were gone and I am at an unfamiliar location.

"How did I get here?" I mumbled as I touched my confused aching head. Seconds ago I was with them, and now I was in a different place. "I must have been teleported here somehow or is this another vision?"

I fell down as my feet quickly rallied to move away from the dog. I scuffled, backing my steps to keep a safe distance, but it just followed effortlessly. Its flaming eyes focused on me. As it got nearer, it held his nose high, pursed its lips and howled again.

The howls began to crescendo. It sounded from one, then three... ten, then countless... until they were so loud that it resonated like an entire stadium was filled with wolves. I was not wrong.

One by one their nebulous form appeared. Their flaming eyes seemed to brighten the place which allowed me to see them and to see where I was. There were hundreds of them... no, they were thousands! Tens of thousands Wolves of Hell surrounded me.

I was in the center of what looked like an ancient level area surrounded by seats for spectators; in which sports, entertainments, and other public events are held. However, this place was reduced in a state of decay; collapsed and devastated.

A gentle ruin as archeologists would have defined, but nothing is gentle about this place. The stench and their bellowing gave away that feel. Every corner was filled with growling wolves of varied sizes. My knees trembled as fear began to envelope me.

Instinctively, I looked around to search for the angels, for possible escape route, and for anything that I could use as a weapon to defend myself. There were pieces of rocks laying on the ground, but I restraint from picking them. I knew those will be useless against these hordes. If I agitated them I'd easily be torn to bits.

I forced to compose my breathing and tried to regain my courage as the largest wolf approached nearer. He barred his teeth and saliva drooled out from his mouth. He looked fierce and yet, his strides were slow and calm. I sensed he won't attack, but I can't help myself from posing a fight stance. I won't go down that easy - I thought.

I was wrong. The animal leaped without warning. In an instant, I was down and at my back. His huge right paw touched and pinned my breast. I froze - not by fright, but by the images that flashed in my head.

Unspeakable tortures were done to men and women... young and old. They were subjected to unbearable pains until they broke and gave in. Sweats trailed down my forehead as I felt their anguish. My tears rolled as I became aware of their despair.

I saw the beast that inflicted this sadism to them. I had seen it before when I had visions of Gordon. This time, I can never be mistaken. It was one and the same.

"Help... Help us!" the wolf that held me down cried coarsely, then it vanished.

"Allayna! Allayna! Shamsiel's raucous calls ringed in my ears. His hands were in my shoulders. He was shaking me from my stupor.

The wolves and the ruins were all gone. I was with the angles again. I didn't know if they were kneeling around me or if they were standing around that stone slab. All I knew was that they were covering me with their wings again.

I noticed the brightest tangerine gleam that escaped from my body and their concerned look. I heard one of them said, "We can't go yet. We must know what she saw first." Then, for the third time, I blacked out.

*********************************

No. 09 in General Fiction, April 09, 2015 (Thank you very much for supporting)

No. 35 in General Fiction, April 7, 2015 (Your support is highly appreciated)