Chapter Nineteen

You're in bed reading The Alchemist when you get interrupted as your phone dings, signaling a text message.

[Y/N], I'll come to your office tomorrow. Rosé asked me to drop off some things you've left in her apartment.

You sigh after reading the text from Young-po. You ponder whether you should still get those things; you fear that each of those will make you remember every single thing about Rosé.

It's been a week since you two broke up. Every second of every day makes you want to run back to her, to profess your love for her all over again. But you know you shouldn't. Otherwise, you would lose your wife and child.

And so you've been avoiding everything that has something to do with Rosé. You've blocked her number on your phone and deactivated all your social media accounts so that you won't be tempted to contact her.

And you only ever come to the sight of her would-be home to check on developments and make sure that problems won't arise.

"Who's that?" Irene asks, eyeing your handheld device. Her voice startles you because you didn't notice that she's gotten out of the bathroom.

"Young-po," you answer. "He'll return the stuff I left back in..." You trail off, afraid of mentioning the name in front of your wife.

But she understands even though you don't say it.

"Do you really have to take those back? Can't you just let her keep it?"

"I don't think she wants my things around her," you retort. "Besides, it's not like I'll see Rosé herself; just her manager."

She stiffens at the mention of Rosé's name, but quickly recomposes herself; she crawls into bed next to you and shuts her eyes.

"Joohyun..."

"Hmmm?" she hums in response, eyes still shut.

"How did you figure it out?" You're afraid to know the answer but it's been bothering you.

"Figured out what?"

"About Rosé," you say in a low voice, just enough for her to hear.

Irene finally opens her eyes but she doesn't look at you; she just stares up at the ceiling.

"Someone told me about the necklace," she replies. "She warned me about a woman who was wearing that necklace. She said she saw you buying it and thought you were going to give it to me. But when she saw that necklace on Rosé, she already knew that you were cheating on me.

"She didn't tell me at first that it was Rosé and so I doubted her. But when I saw it with my own two eyes, I just knew," she finishes.

Jennie, you think. It has to be Jennie. You're still convinced that the leader of Blackpink was the one who told on you. Rosé shouldn't have trusted that bitch.

"I'm sorry," you tell Irene in all sincerity. "I wish I made a different choice."

She finally meets your gaze; she takes your hand in hers and gives you a small, sad smile. "I wish you did, too."

You pull over in front of a fancy restaurant where you'll meet your father. You've agreed to join him in a meeting with a potential business partner (not that you have a choice).

"[Y/N]," your father greets you as soon as you get out of your car. "You're late."

"I'm sorry. I met with Ms. Park's manager," you reply. "Plus, I was stuck in traffic."