10.7 (ENGLISH)

KONGPOB

With a sigh, I flopped onto the living room's couch . My eyes, fixed on the turned off screen of my mobile, did not separate for a second from it. Not even when I heard someone sitting next to me.

- "Kong .."

- "Did you see P'Arthit? He ... Did he say something about me.. about...us?" - I asked with a very low voice.

Stud shook his head.

- "When I entered your room he was gone. I guess he woke up while we were talking before"

His words made me quickly raise my face and look at my friend.

- "Do you think that .. that he ..?"

- "I don't know ... I don't think so. If he had listened to us, he would have said something" - Stud commented and then shrugged.

"More like he would have come inside and beat me to a pulp..." - I thought

I certainly would have deserved it. For being an idiot. And the worst part in all this mess was that, as much as I wanted it, there was no going back.

Arthit was going to find out. If it wasn't for me it would be for someone else ... I wasn't going to be able to hide it for long. Not when my mother was already talking about announcing my wedding to Sam officially ...

And P'Sam ...

What was I going to tell him? That I had ended up doing the same as him?

No ... It wasn't the same ...

Sam and Stud knew what they were getting into, they were both aware that they were betraying me. Arthit no .. P'Arthit had no idea of ​​my engagement and I .. I had taken advantage of it.

My hands began to sweat as I imagined the man's reaction, especially when he had told me about his past. His eyes would surely have that expression of emptiness and pain that ... that I could not bear to see in them.

I did not want him to suffer. I wanted to see him happy.

And despite that...

"You couldn't control yourself, right Kong?" I scolded myself for the umpteenth time as I buried my face in my arms.

- "Kong .. Bro ..."

- "He's going to hate me, I know ... After finding out, he will never want to see me again. And Sam ... I don't know if I'll be able to look at his face ..." - I murmured in a low voice.

- "Did you tell him?" - asked Stud

With a sigh I shook my head.

- "I couldn't. I ... These ten minutes on the phone have been the longest of my life. I feel full of doubts, of  guilt ... I don't know what to do"

Stud opened his mouth to reply when the door opened and Arthit stepped into the room. A lump formed in my throat when I saw that, in his hands, there was his suitcase.

- "Aren't you going to pick up your things? ... It's almost time" -he said while he looked at us with a serene expression on his face.

For a few seconds I did not understand what he meant until, as if a light bulb had lit in my mind, I remembered that it was the day of our return.

- "Right! And I don't even have my suitcase ready ..." - Stud exclaimed as he stood up and, ignoring my gaze, began to walk towards the door.

Right before leaving, however, he turned to me and shoot me an apologetic look.