C H A P T E R F I F T Y-S I X

Mitch and Bert started off by fighting each other, the Miyagi-Do's and Eagle-Fang's all watching, Hawk leaning against the stone

"That's it, that's it, go for the teeth!" Johnny encouraged.

"First off, did he just say teeth, and secondly, do we really want teeth all over the dojo?" Courtney muttered.

"No, we probably wouldn't want that." Nicole replied.

Daniel got in between the two. "Hey, hey, hey, you're just swinging at each other! Don't you teach any defense?"

"The best defense is more offense!" Mitch told Daniel, Nicole mouthing the words, for they had been said many times to her as well.

Bert kicked Mitch's ribs and set him flying back into the stone.

"That definitely hurt." Courtney nodded.

Mitch groaned, holding his back.

"Why do you have a rock in the middle of your dojo?" Johnny asked Daniel.

Daniel sighed and shook his head.

Up next was Sam against Demetri.

"You got this Sammy!" Nicole cheered on her sister. "You too, Dem!"

They continued circling each other, waiting for the other to attack.

"That's it, keep circling." Daniel nodded. "Don't anticipate. Stay focused."

"Alright, one of you do something, what the hell is this?" Johnny spoke up.

"Yeah, that's not how this works. One of us had to be provoked." Demetri explained.

Johnny pulled out a water bottle and whipped it at Demetri.

"Ah!"

Courtney pursed her lips, trying not to laugh.

"Don't laugh." Nicole muttered through clenched teeth.

"Provoked yet?" Johnny asked.

Their next lesson consisted of cleaning the cars in the lot, doing wax on and wax off, the Miyagi-Do's each sharing a car.

"Wax on, wax off. Doesn't matter how many times you've done it, you always need to practice your fundamentals."

"Do you think your dad will let us borrow this car?" Courtney asked.

"We have our own cars, Court." Nicole reminded.

"I know, but it's...so vintage, I like it." She smirked.

Nicole giggled as they finished that lesson.

Johnny had set up an obstacle course, Nicole quickly running around barrels of fire.

"What the hell are we doing right now and why am I not surprised?" Nicole panted to herself.

For their last lesson, they were will inside and Hawk and Mitch were facing each other.