Part 2

Two days later and they were back at Grey Sloan for repeat x-rays and hopefully casting. Maya was still in quite a bit of pain and struggling to sleep which was making her extremely grumpy and irritable. Carina was trying her best to help her girlfriend, but it was getting hard because Maya was snapping at her for everything.

That morning, everything had come to a head after Maya yelled at Carina for treating her like a baby when she wiped some yogurt off her face. Carina had thrown down the spoon, storming into their bedroom and slamming the door.

Maya thought about following her, but she knew she couldn't figure out how to open the door for starters and she also knew she was being a major pain in the ass. She didn't want to be. She was frustrated as hell that she was, but she was so tired and in so much pain and frustrated that she couldn't do anything for herself. She just started sobbing as she sat at the table, trying to put her head down on the table only to have pain shoot through her arm, making her cry more.

Carina came out when she heard Maya's sobs, wrapping har arms around her girlfriend, guiding her to the couch.

"I'm sorry," Maya said, tears still running down her cheeks, "I know I'm being a dick. I don't want to be, I just...I am so mad and I'm taking it out on you and it's not fair and I'm sorry."

"I know, Bambina," Carina shushed, rubbing her back, "I know. It's ok. I just got frustrated. I am sorry I stormed out."

"I have literally been so mean to you the past few days," Maya said, not looking at Carina, "And this is my fault. I'm the one who didn't watch my step and fell and broke my arms and didn't tell you and you have been taking such good care of me."

"This is not your fault Bambina," Carina said, shaking her head, "It was an accident. And I know you are hurting. We are both just overtired right now."

"I'm going to sleep in the guest room tonight," Maya said, realizing she had no way to wipe her eyes which made her want to cry more, "You need to rest and I am keeping you up."

"No," Carina said, shaking her head, "But maybe I will see if Andy or Vic wants to stop by tomorrow to help you so I can get a nap."

"They could come tonight after my appointment," Maya said, grateful Carina had grabbed a tissue and wiped the tears off her cheeks.

"We will see how you are feeling," Carina said, "There is going to be manipulations on your arms, and I have a feeling you are not going to find them pleasant."

"Yay," Maya said sarcastically.

"It will get better," Carina said, moving so Maya was in her lap and able to lean back a little, "The casts will probably help you feel a little more stable, and the pain should start to go away soon."

Maya nodded, just trying to relax and get her body to calm down. That had been five hours ago, and now they were sitting in a room at Grey Sloan waiting.

"What color casts are you going to get?" Carina asked, stroking Maya's hair as the blonde leaned on her, trying not to get too anxious about the appointment.

"Navy blue or black," Maya said, "Probably navy blue though."

"To match your uniform?" Carina asked as Maya shifted again.

"Yeah," Maya nodded, "And because neon green or pink is obnoxious."

"You could get red to match your fire engine," Carina teased, Maya shaking her head, "Or light blue to match your beautiful eyes."

"I think navy will be just fine," Maya said, "They are going to be bulky and prominent enough. I don't need people being able to spot my arms from space."