Chapter 25

Bright and early the next morning, Rosa allowed Cristiano to accompany her to a high-end adult boutique in the Retiro district. The boutique was named Afrodita after the Goddess of Love. Rosa's steps felt infinitely lighter as she strolled the charming, bustling streets of Madrid alongside Cristiano. It almost felt like they were embarking on a date of sorts. Much of darkness from the night before was chased away by the golden Spanish sunshine, and it wasn't too difficult to ignore all of her unhappy, complicated thoughts for the time being. 

There was work to be done, after all.

The moment they stepped through the doors of Afrodita, sex was everywhere. An enticing display of designer lingerie greeted them in various shades of silk and lace. Pearly ivories, petal pinks, sinful blacks, and serpentine greens colored the boutique like a sensual rainbow. Toys, toys, and more toys of all shapes and sizes also lined the shelves and walls. It was a well-curated selection meant to satisfy even the pickiest of pleasure seekers.

To Rosa, it felt as though she had stepped away from reality into a world of fantasy. All of sudden, she was free to simply enjoy Cristiano's company and give into her attraction to him.

If only for a short while.

Rosa stole a wry glance at Cristiano. In return, a lazy, knowing smile spread across his face as their eyes locked. Already, tensions began to rise. Her skin grew warm and tight with anticipation. Desire sang between them like a song only they could hear.

She started wandering around the boutique to peruse the array of bras and panties and corsets and bodysuits. He followed closely behind her but didn't say a word or offer any opinions as she picked out some pieces and put back others. She could feel Cristiano's gaze boring into her, though, the whole time. The man was clearly very invested in each and every one of her choices.

Probably because, soon, he would get to ogle her body in each and every one of these little scraps of silk and lace.

Last night, Cristiano said that he wanted to see her in a 'lacy black number.' Rosa kept this thought in mind as she settled on her three final options. All of them were black. The first was a bra and panty set made of barely there lace. The second choice was a leather bodysuit. The final one was a silk and lace corset with a matching panty.

Rosa requested a private dressing room. An attractive, dark-haired saleswoman led them to the back of the boutique.

In Spanish-tinged English, the saleswoman asked Rosa, "Do you require any more assistance?"

Rosa shook her head. "No, thank you."

"Bien," the saleswoman replied, casting a flirtatious look in Cristiano's direction. "Let me know if you need anything, señor."

Cristiano kept his eyes on Rosa even while he replied to the saleswoman, "I have everything I want in front of me. You can go now."

A wicked sense of glee bubbled in Rosa's chest at the clear message he had sent to the other female, but she took care not to let her smugness show. Not too much, at least.

Giving both Rosa and Cristiano a curt nod, the saleswoman excused herself and left them to it.

Rosa stepped inside the dressing room and held the door open for him. "Are you coming in... or not?"

He arched an eyebrow. "I did not know I was invited?"

She laughed and started to shut the door. "Suit yourself, mon beau."

Smirking, his hand shot out, catching the door before it closed. He strode into the dressing room with quick, sure footsteps.

The door closed behind him with a 'click.'