Chapter 54

After their meal, Cristiano disappeared for several mysterious hours.

Doing what?

She refused to obsess over him for another second. Rosa took advantage of his absence to complete some of her own errands. Rosa was accompanied by Cristiano's men, of course, but she took care to hide her real agenda behind the façade of a shopping spree with plenty of restroom breaks in between, slipping away in brief five to ten minute intervals to finish what she actually set out to do.

She picked up her passport inside the dressing room of Chanel.

She received her birth certificate in the restroom of a local café.

Her bodyguards seemed none the wiser.

They returned her to the motel around midnight and took their leave. The moment Rosa stepped through the front door, she found Cristiano already sitting on the bed. Devil-black eyes locked on to her.

"I have been waiting for you," he said quietly.

"You were?"

He turned toward her with a knowing expression. "Did you have fun on your outing?"

With a playful twirl, she showed off her numerous bags bearing the logo for Gucci and Chanel. "Mais bien sûr."

But of course.

Hidden inside her purchases were Eve Davies' passport and birth certificate.

Watching her with an inscrutable expression, he remarked, "I am relieved that you returned... safely."

She scoffed. "Did you think I would disappear into an unmarked vehicle again?"

"Do not joke about something so serious. I have probably lost ten of my life worrying about you these past few weeks."

Rosa teased him again, "Only ten?"

His jaw ticked. "If anyone takes you from me again, I will find you. Mark my words. I will always find you."

Anyone—

Including her?

Rosa's shoulders tensed up. As always, something in his countenance suggested that Cristiano knew more than he let on. For some reason, she felt exposed. Maybe his guards weren't as oblivious as she thought.

Did Cristiano already guess what she was planning to do?

In an attempt to deflect his suspicion, she murmured coyly, "You know what your problem is, mon beau?"

"What?"

"Your brain worries too much," Rosa scolded. "Sometimes, you need to let your blood flow... elsewhere."

"Elsewhere?" he echoed.

She nodded.

Smiling like a fox, Rosa resolved, right then and there, that she would fuck him senseless and then make her escape after he passed out.

Rosa went to him, shedding clothing along the way. Shirt. Bra. Pants. Underwear. His dark eyes remained fixated on her. Her heart started beating like crazy. She climbed onto the mattress. Cristiano drew her to his chest. He was already naked in bed. Instinctively, she straddled him, skin to skin, sex to sex, allowing the soft folds of her pussy to cradle his hardening cock.

Devil-black eyes flickered as he gazed up at her. "Dio..."

With a sensual roll of her hips, Rosa glided over him, using the slickness of her slit to tease his throbbing length. "I am not your god, mon beau."