six

"I honestly believe I'm not gonna last," I sighed into the phone. I ended up going to the pier to clear my mind. Somehow, it just manages to calm me.

"Honey, you can do this, alright? I know how hard you and Danielle worked to get to where you are at the moment. Look at how much you've accomplished! Your headline tour, interviews, and a big fan base! Don't let a boy bring you down." My mom always knew how to ease my mind. That's why once I picked a spot along the pier, I instantly called her.

"I know," I breathed out. "It's just too hard to keep silent. I always come back with something to say."

"Just think about it, alright sweetheart? I have to go, but I'll call you later, ok? I love you, Stel."

"Love you too, mom. Bye," And the line went dead. I locked my phone and slid my sunglasses over my eyes, staring out at the ocean. The sound of the waves rushing against shore eased my mind.

I walked around aimlessly through the pier, passing couples, hyper children, and happy families. I stopped at the food court and went to order an ice blend from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. (a/n: one of my fav places tbh)

"Hello! What can I get for y-" The cashier stopped in her sentence once she saw my face. Her eyes widened as her mouth parted to form an 'o.' Even with sunglasses, people could still recognize me? I need to get another pair, then.

"Please don't scream," I sheepishly smiled. "I don't want to cause a riot here. And I'm pretty sure the workers wouldn't want to deal with screaming girls." I laughed to keep it light.

"Oh I-I'm sorry, but I'm a big fan!" She blushed.

"Do you want a picture?" I smiled. She nodded, rushing to my side after asking her co-worker to take it. I smiled wide, hugging her from the side, while she wrapped both arms around my waist.

"Thank you, oh my gosh. I love you," She quickly returned behind the counter to take my order.

"I love you way more, babe! Thank you so much for not freaking out," I laughed.

"Now what can I finally get you?" She giggled.

"I'll get a large mocha ice blended."

"Okay, anything else?"

"That's it," I smiled. I slid my credit card and she handed me my receipt.

A few minutes later, my drink was ready, but the male barista had no clue who it belonged to. There were bunch of people who appeared out of the blue and ordered, so he wasn't sure whose drink was whose.

"A large mocha ice blended for," He trailed off, but fortunately caught the attention of the girl.

"Oh! Her," She pointed to me. "Jane." I gratefully smiled at her, very thankful she saved my cover.

"Large mocha ice blended for Jane!" He called once again.

I walked up to the counter and grabbed my drink, saying thanks to the barista and to the girl at the register who didn't freak or scream.

As I walked, I mindlessly sipped my drink and just liked the feeling of being alone. It's a bad habit of always wanting to be isolated from everyone else, but it's what I've always done. I lock myself up and don't let people see what's really bothering me.

"Dani told me I could find you here," A voice spoke from behind. I whipped around and was face to face with Jack J. I slightly smiled, turning my attention back on the ocean.

"Yeah, no. I never tell Dani where I am and she doesn't ask me anyway," I giggled. "How did you really find me?"

He sighed in defeat, "Someone tweeted about it and also said to leave you be. But, as weird as it sounds, I had a feeling you weren't okay."