twenty seven.

'BLOODY BALLERINA'

Adrien's lungs burned. His legs ached. Nevertheless, he still ran, even if he was too late.

Even if he had missed the love of his life's performance.

The theatre came into view, posters plastered everywhere to promote the show. They taunted him, reminded him of his foolish actions which would lead to devastating consequences. The promotion pictures mocked him, almost laughing at his idiocy.

The Story of Swan Lake.

His Odette, who never found happiness with the one she loved.

Oh, how Adrien regretted everything.

Arms slapping against the doors of the theatre, the blonde boy had no time to catch his breath as he glanced around. The seats were empty. The lights were dim. Roses littered the stage, yet to be cleaned.

The flowers in his arms were falling apart. The box of chocolates was creased. He looked down at his ticket. Seat 17. Adrien hurriedly rushed to the front row, his heart filling with both relief and guilt as he caught sight of his beloved, sitting in seat 17.

Tears stained her cheeks. She still wore her costume - Odette of Swan Lake. Yuna looked beautiful, despite her crying face.

Yet it still broke his heart to see what he had done. Her mascara had run down her face, creating marks that could not easily be washed away. Just like his mistake - something she would not so easily forgive and forget.

"Princess..."

"Don't." The girl snapped, trying to stay strong. Her shaky voice failed her in that moment. "No texts. No calls. I thought something happened to you."

"I-"

She shoved her phone onto his chest. Adrien dropped the bouquet and chocolates, hands coming up to hold the device. He turned the screen up, breath hitching at the article.

SCANDAL: Chat Noir and Ladybug spotted together without Shigan! Love affair or misunderstanding?

"But you were with her."

Emerald eyes shot up, becoming glassy. It wasn't true. The reporters and paparazzi had manipulated the situation - those flowers were for Yuna! That embrace was one of comfort, not of love!

Adrien tried, "I can explain, plea-"

"Do you still love her?"

"What?" He was breathless. It had been a long time since his feelings for Ladybug had diminished. How could she even think...?

"It was always Ladybug this, Ladybug that," Yuna let out a low chuckle, hollow and hurt. She waved her hand around, almost hysterical. She didn't even know what she was saying now. "But now that you know her identity, you can be with her, right?"

"How could you say that?" Adrien couldn't hold back the anger settling in his heart. "Do you have no faith in me?"

Yuna scoffed. Fat, hot tears endlessly fell from her chocolate eyes. "Maybe I don't."

His jaw clenched. His heart ached. This wasn't how the day was supposed to end. It was going so well.

"It's not like that. I don't have feelings for her anymore." He stepped closer. "I love you!"

"You make it sound like that's not what you want."

Adrien groaned, fisting his hair in frustration. "God, don't you trust me?"

"What were you doing with her?" She seethed, trying her best to hold back sobs. She just needed to know. What was so important that he had to miss out on her recital?

The blonde grit his teeth. It wasn't his secret to share. "I can't tell you."

A shuddered breath left her painted lips. Yuna turned away, arms crossed over her stomach. Her long hair fell down her back and framed her face, acting as a curtain to hide her tears.

"Then I can't trust you."

"Yuna," He tried, desperation clinging to his voice.

"I guess this day really is an omen," A dry laugh erupted from her throat, "Happy birthday to me."

She ignored the flashes in her mind, the pain in her head. An arm reaching out. A machine. Darkness.

Before Adrien could say anything else, she left. Leaving behind a broken boy with wilted flowers.

↽──♕──⇁

Yuna stared at her reflection.

She still wore the Odette costume, having yet to take it off. The dim lights of the backstage area only created a sombre atmosphere, fueling her already depressed mood. She felt betrayed, betrayed by the one she loved most. The only person she could ever fully trust, her own boyfriend for God's sake.

A mixture between a sob and an angry scream left her throat, her hands coming up to grab and pull on her hair. She began to fall to her knees, too exhausted from her pain to keep standing.

"Yuna Park." A deep, unfamiliar voice came from nowhere, startling the girl. "I am Hawk Moth."

No. No, no, no. This wasn't happening. Yuna looked back up into the mirror, gasping at the sight of the akumatization taking place.

"You've been wronged, and rightfully so."

"Shut up."

"The person you loved left you for someone else - you should teach both of them a lesson. Together, we can take revenge-"

"No! Stop, please." She begged, but her fear only gave more for Hawk Moth to take advantage of.

"If you help me take Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous, I can give you him back."

Yuna paused. "He'll love me?"

"Of course."

Her eyes trailed down to her locket, black and purple from the contamination. "... Okay."

"Wise choice...

Black Swan."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

oh shit 3rd day in a row wtf

OH SHIT YUNA GOT AKUMATIZED OH MAN 

shits going downnnn

ALSO did yall like what i did w swan lake and black swan yada yada and how black swan pretended to be odette but it wasn't really her and in the end odette was left alone :(

foreshadowing much? jk

- seriphiaa