Chapter 4.

All day long he has been sitting at the desk, paper work piling higher and higher but he never cared because he had nothing exciting to do after work. He sipped his cup of coffee and flipped the page over before signing.

He heard a soft knock from the door before it squeaked open. He raised his head to see who dared to enter his office without permission. He sighed closing his eyes and opening it. "Isn't your manager supposed to be the one doing all this paperwork?" He asked looking at the pile of papers in front of muhsin before he settled down on the visitor's chair. "I know, but what would I do if I give it all to him? I don't have anything to do besides work," he responded while he continued with his work. "Well how about you go home and talk things through with your wife?" He suggested. Muhsin threw his head back laughing and looked at his friend who is also his cousin.

"Talk? Talk things through? Like what exactly are you talking about, Doctor Yusuf?" He spoke nonchalantly. He never takes things seriously when it comes to Amira now. "You should sit her down and speak to her calmly. Yelling at her all the time will not solve anything, muhsin. It will just worsen things."

Muhsin hissed softly and dropped the pen together with the file he was holding. He rests his back on his office chair and sighed. "Look, Yusuf, I have tried every possible thing to make her change but it is not working. What do you want me to do? I don't love her anyways..."

Yusuf shook his head in disbelief. "Please you should stop saying that. I understand she isn't willing to change but saying you don't love her with so much confidence isn't just right, especially to her." Muhsin continued his work and shrugged off his shoulder.

"When did you even come back from Yola? How's yapendo?" Muhsin changed the topic because he knew how Yusuf would keep on insisting. "She's fine Alhamdulillah. They're also coming back to Abuja soon I think after Hadiza's wedding."

They chit chatted more till muhsin was done with his work and they left the building together. "We should go to your house. I'm sure a delicious meal is waiting for you at home."

"A delicious meal you say? You're joking right?" He laughed heartily. Yusuf slightly punched his shoulder, "stop joking around Muhsin. I know something delightful is already waiting for you at home."

"I will not say anything because you'd think I'm accusing her but, let's get going then. You'll see everything with your own eyes." Muhsin hopped into his car as Yusuf also did the same.

They both met at Muhsin's house. "I will show you the reason why I never invite anyone, I mean anyone to my house," he says as they walked towards the entrance. He opened the door and they walked into the grubby living room. Boxes of pizza and disposable cups lain around the living room. Pillows scattered everywhere. Her shoes, and scarfs careless scattered everywhere. What irritated him more was how the living room smelt and she didn't care.

She raised her head up and looked at them. "Oh, Yusuf, you're welcome." She stood up from the couch while fixing her veil. For some reason she felt a bit awkward when she observed how he was looki around the living room in awe.

"What is all this Amira? I don't even know if I'm married or I'm baby sitting. Just last night I cleaned everywhere in this living room but look at the filthy thing you did? Aren't you ashamed of yourself?" He was enraged. Not that he couldn't control himself but there were times that he gets fed up by her filthy behaviors. Yusuf didn't even get the chance to reply her greetings when muhsin started yelling at her.

"Oh ya Rabbi, there he goes again. I'm sick and tired of this bullshit of yours, Muhsin. What the hell? Why do you keep bringing this up when this is all your fault? You refused to let me hire a made but you keep ranting about the house being dirty, am I some kind of your slave? Now it has reached to the extent that you will embarrass me in front of your cousin?" Words flew from her mouth that she never cared to even think if they were right to be uttered or not. The argument grew from nowhere into a tornado. He looked at Yusuf and pointed at him to his wife, "you see? Total bull crap. I can't... I can't deal with this anymore...."