Chapter 10.

"With whose permission did you go out?" He asked calmly as he shoved his hands in his sleeping wear pocket. She folded her arms around her chest while she looked away. She had no explanations to give or any excuses. He had caught and she couldn't argue and she had no other choice but to keep her mouth shut. "I said who gave you the permission to go out? I'm talking to you and you're ignoring me, are you deaf?" He raised his voice, making her to jolt back.

"I.. I... my friend came here and asked for my help. She wanted to go visit her aunt and she had no car and I volunteered to help her. You should be proud that I helped someone...." she still tried to lie.

"You're lying, amira. You don't even feel anything when lying? Especially to me! Are you even.... Okay, so after you went to the naming ceremony that you also didn't tell me about, you decided to branch at that prostitute's house? What took you there amira? Haven't I warned about this girl karima?" He asked disappointed.

Her whole body trembled in fear, how did he knew she went there? "Now who told you I went to a naming ceremony for crying out loud? People won't just mind their business. I... I just.. I didn't," she stuttered then paused.

"You actually thought there wasn't going to be anyone who knows you there? The most heartbreaking part is your dressing, and that stupid human being you called your friend because you're too dumb to realize she's not the kind of person you should mingle with."

"That's enough, muhsin. You insulted my friend that wasn't nothing to you, you called her aunt a prostitute which is a big lie, you insulted me also... what else, muhsin? What else? Whatever I do is always wrong, right? I am always the bad person here? And who are you to tell me who I will mingle with? Do I keep an eye on who you're friends with? I am old enough to..."

"Just shut up! Shut up! You're very stupid, Amira. You have the audacity to talk back at me after what you've done? You have the audacity to raise your voice at me instead of apologising because your brain isn't functioning well? As from today, if I see that woman any where near my house I will deal with the both of you and if you ever, I mean ever step your foot out without my permission, you'll regret knowing muhsin in your life."

He angrily stormed out of the room and banged the door. She settled down on her bed when her legs couldn't take it anymore. She can't go out without his permission? That was impossible, he knew that. Now he wants to separate her from her closest friend. She hissed annoyingly and stood up like she was sitting on a sharp needle. She paced around her room thinking what she actually did wrong?

What's there if she goes out without his permission. Her mother had never stopped her from going out, except her father which it wasn't all the time that he bays at her. She did absolutely nothing wrong. Stopping her from going out or mingling with Karima is what he can never have power over it.

She shrugged it off and laid down on her bed after she had turned off the lights. She is her own boss and no one could control whatever she wished to do.

**

The next day he got ready early and headed to daddy's house to pick up Dalia as she was starting her registration that day. He reached the house and parked the car at the parking lot before he stepped out. He entered the living room, uttering greetings.

Daddy was all dressed up, eating his breakfast at the dinning room together with mommy and Dalia. He ushered muhsin in and asked him to eat breakfast before they leave. Amira's mother didn't say anything after she had answered his greetings. At the end, she stood up and left the place without finishing her breakfast.

"You should get going now before you get late. Dalia, call the driver when you're done, he will come pick you up later," he informed her and she nodded. "Allah bada sa'a," he prayed and she answered. He gave her enough money before she followed muhsin outside to his car.