Life Behind Closed Doors

Once the excitement and anxiety of their wedding has subsided, it was time to start planning the first big adventure as newlyweds. Honeymoon. Some couples look forward to their honeymoon far more than their wedding day, while others use it as a way to rejuvenate and make more connections with their specific others. A honeymoon is a perfect time to spend quality time with your new spouse, often from the comfort of a peaceful location. The first time living together was undoubtedly exciting of all their relationship achievements. As much as it is fun to imagine the endless nights of cuddling, cooking together, watching movies late at night, going to swim, and all the good stuff, it was also important to remember that it requires a lot of compromising. Shalom comparably had better company growing up as compared to Reuben. Sometimes, when he wakes up in the morning, his mind completely forgets about the company and automatically tries to sink into his old routine and mind process.

Even though it always has been Shalom's favorite spot to spend a minimum of ten days in some gorgeous islands of the Maldives for her honeymoon, they both have decided to fly over to Hawaii. Compromising indeed starts with little things. Coming to an understanding of the circumstances. Although Shalom's heart wasn't there, they booked a flight to Lanai, Hawaii three days after their wedding and flew over. Reuben has arranged their newlyweds holiday and has secured their room at a luxurious five-star hotel.

As much as they desired for countless quality time and passionate love over the tropical, Lanai was absolutely a perfect vantage. The seclusion of the island along with their heart-to-heart communication gave the bond of their love an extra strength. It made electricity as every word that escaped from each other's mouth made what it seem like an intangible frequency to their heart. They fed on romance and words of affirmation. Words are powerful, and quick to take a root in the heart of a receiver. The quote 'think twice before you speak,' remained alive in their heart as they were very observant over things they spoke. They also believed in the saying, 'people tend to put any sort of judgment after you open your mouth,'. But when the vision was fed with good sight, and the heart is filled with words of empowerment and motivation, the body responses with virtue. In this state, our actions along with our words become righteous. "Isn't this beautiful?" Reuben squeezed Shalom tight as he was watching over the beauty of the beach that was indescribably amazing resting their spirit in tranquility. The deep big rolling waves created a sense of serenity every time they lay on the beach, with their toes sinking into the soft white sand.

One morning, on their eighth day at the island, Shalom woke up early in the morning and walked to the restroom. Reuben's eyes seemed to be half-open, with his mouth not closed all the way, but he was slumbering. Right before she got into the restroom, Shalom observed a diary on a table that was sitting in a far corner of the room. She has never seen it before and with total surprise, she walked towards the table. It looked like an old notebook, with yellow stains at every corner of the page. She has never seen him write before, nor does he ever talk about it. "Hmm," surprise has been alerted as her curiosity started elevating. She glanced at Reuben and picked it up from the table. The cover was dusty and wrinkled. She opened the diary, and with neat handwriting, it read: 'How many of us live life the way we desire? And how many of us disregard our dreams and spend the few years we are given in the world, going against our will to satisfy others? Free will is granted to every human being. However, free will at some point in time merges into two opposite yet parallel ways. One way is a good way, that leads into righteousness while the other one is a very steep and fast drop and oftentimes hard to come up. It is the unrighteous way. For the duration of time, human beings made their living complex. Then comes the anger after you found yourself stuck, unable to pass through the life maze.'

Reuben sometimes likes to feed his mind with enriched words, philosophy, and the simplicity and complexity of life. Through his words, and deep thoughts he connects with his soul. He was a deep thinker, a person who'd get lost in his thoughts around a crowd and overly anxious, but he could see the future problems before anyone else. Perhaps, being lonely helps identify your call for life as you spend the majority of the time conversating with yourself. It gives you plenty of space to discover yourself, and most importantly what you want from living. However, what seems to be a norm to someone, could sound absurd to another one then a clash takes over.