Barbara Shelby - part6

Three days have passed since I've seen my father tonight's the night when I have to see Jeffrey again hopefully for the final time because I can't stand being around him the way my skin crawls being in his presence.

I've seen my handsome stranger many times around as I walk the streets of Birmingham. Every time we make eye contact an smile.

(Dress for meeting Jeffrey)

Isaiah and Michael once again drop me off at the restaurant where I'm meeting Jeffrey. They don't even bother getting out of the car they tell me that they'll be right back but really I know they're going off to do snow.

I look up at the restaurant taking a deep breath when wanting nothing more than to turn on my heels and run back home. I finally get the courage I push open the restaurant doors. I look around for Jeffrey I see him at a table in the corner of the room puffing away on cigarettes as I approach the table all I could smell is the strong stench of whiskey coming off of him I noticed that he's already had a quite a few drinks in him because he can't sit upright.

"Hello Jeffrey "I said while folding my hands in front of me

He pushes back his chair causing it to screech across the floor many people turn and look "hello again my beautiful Barbara"

I cringe him calling me his. Not one of the wanting mine anywhere sorted with my name around this man and I hope and pray tonight will be the last night that I have to see him.

Throughout the whole meal all I wanna do is throw up because he can't keep his hands to himself. All I could think is that I wish I could put a bullet in this man's head for touching me. I feel like my skin has been tainted by his touch. I'm glad when the meal finally ends he put his hand on my lower back and steers me out of the restaurant and offers to walk me home I look around for Michael and Isaiah but they're nowhere to be found.

Reluctantly I agree I'd rather be set on fire then to have to be around him for another second. After walking for a good ten minutes in silence when almost to aunt Pollys, suddenly he grabs me and pulls me into the dark alleyway and pushes me up against the wall. I feel fear creep up to me I curse Isaiah Michael on my head.

He pushes his lips against my neck tugging on my hair harshly causing whimper to fall through my lips. I tried pushing him away but all he does is pull me closer and closer to him I feel him ripping the top of my dress as he kisses the swells of the top of my breast.

I slap them hard across the face and push them away. A look at pure anger comes across his face he's back hits me hard across the face his ring on his finger slicing my cheek I feel blood run. I try to run away but he grabbed me by my hair and slams me into the wall I try to pull my gun for my purse but punches me in my gut causing me to drop it he repeatedly punches me in my stomach causing me to hunch over I look up at him and say "please stop please"

"No love "he says "tonight you will be mine" he tries to kiss me again but I refuse to kiss him back it infuriates him so he punches me in my face I can already feel the swelling in my cheek I can feel my lips split from his fist.

When suddenly I hear a gunshot go off. He stops and looks to the end of the alleyway. I look as well and I see my handsome stranger standing there at the end of the alleyway with a gun in the air.

"Listen mate she doesn't want you get off of her let her go" he says fiercely

"Naw mate she's my girl she's just being difficult ain't that right love" Jeffrey says

I look at my handsome Stranger and shake my head no. That infuriates Jeffrey he goes to raise his fist to my face again when all the sudden my handsome stranger shoots his gun at Jeffrey shoot him twice in the head I don't even flinch when Jeffries body falls to the ground all I can do is keep looking at my handsome stranger who has turned savior.

"Are you all right love?" he asks

I take a shallow breath and say "honestly no I think one of my ribs is broken I'm having trouble breathing"

He walks over to me picks me up off the ground he grabs my gun puts it in my purse and he walks off down the street towards his car

He lays me across the backseat as he climbs in to the driver seat. As he drives down the street I notice as in Michael's and Isaiah's car driving past us they don't notice me. And I don't try to get there attention. I falling into a deep sleep.

———————————————————————————
I wake up inside of a hospital room I see my uncle Arthur sleep in a chair beside me with aunt Polly reading a book.

"Aunt Polly" I whisper shifting around a little trying to get comfortable.

She quickly looks up when she hears me slapping Arthur shoulder causing him to startle awake, he have some looks around meeting my eyes as he does. He quickly gets up and comes over to me stroking my unharmed cheek " my sweet Barbara oh my sweet girl your alright love." He tells me as I start to cry.

I hear aunt Polly get up and leave the room I'm guessing to get a doctor. I keep crying as Arthur strokes my cheek.