Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds: Ghost

Based off a Yu-Gi-Oh 5ds fanfic (1)  I read back in middle school (inspired some ocs) and recently found a while ago. Unfortunately the notebooks I had that contained the prologue and ocs profiles were thrown out a couple years ago so I'm relying off memory.

Summary: Audrey just wanted a worthy opponent to gain back her confidence. Ren wanted her to leave them alone and to stop snooping around before she tried to look into their past. So maybe, the offer wouldn't be bad to accept.

Note: I was stuck between using Audrey or another oc that was meant to be Yusei/Akiza's kid, but chose Audrey because I didn't have a good enough name or character design for them.

Animatic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1shd1kej20&ab_channel=Odd_Chirithy

1: www.fanfiction.net/s/6974822/1/Find-My-Way-Back

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audrey sighed as she repeatedly swiped down on the phone's screen, her feet swinging back and forth. She'd said goodnight to her mother mere minutes ago and yet just looking at the bright screen made it feel like ages.

"This guy.." she muttered.

She placed her palm against her cheek and closed her eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A figure dressed in a green jacket stood up straight from the wall they'd been leaning against and began to walk. Not a minute later, they paused to look up at the night sky.

A brunet man stood before them with his muscular arms crossed, saying something that they really didn't care enough to remember. Vaguely, they could recall his comment about how "they been working with each other for a while" and how "It's nothing personal, but there are better people".

How stupid of him, they thought, although not unexpected, especially for a man as himself. Oh well, they were already long done with what they'd needed anyway. Truthfully, they were hoping for him to just be done with his talk already.

He had activated his duel disk as a challenge. They went along with it.

It was so easy, so mundane, for them, that it was over in a second. The man lied face down on the hard concrete, duel disk broken. They left without a glance to spare and drove back to their home, the previous events fading from their mind.

The wind blew on their dark hair, making it sway side to side and brush against their skin. The green jacket was undone and hung loosely around their shoulders.

'She's probably waiting for a reply' they thought absently.

Audrey. To be more specific, Audrey Atlas, daughter of famous Turbo Duelist, Jack Atlas. With a blonde French bob, excluding the two strands of hair that fell nearly to her shoulders, and fierce round purple eyes. Almost exactly like her father.

Just more annoying. Quite persistent. She was the type that jumped into things once it caught her interest. Apparently, they themselves became one of those things after their duel was interrupted before one could finish the other off. And since then, it seemed Audrey was determined to get them to compete against her in some sort of tournament.

She had tried to convince them with the promise of a better life, and better education. When that didn't seem to work, she tried to appeal to their "sentimental" side and how they should duel against her to remember what it was like to duel as themselves and not as some feared vigilante. They gave a vague response that seemed to appease her at the time, before being given her number. She'd left after they gave her a warning about coming alone, and she, thankfully, understood.

And now, a few days later, they stood outside of their home, phone in hand, as they mused on whether to respond now or to think for another day.

If they competed and won, they'd go to some university and receive an education that ultimately they wouldn't make anything of along with the reputation of the person who defeated the daughter of the one and only Jack Atlas. On the other hand, if they lost, without a doubt, they'd still receive attention from the media, not as much if they'd win, but with time they could fade to obscurity. If it was somehow a draw, it would certainly cause a rematch, only leading to more attention regardless if they won or lost.

Losing seemed to be the best option if they accepted.

If they refused the offer or straight up ignored her, they could go on as if nothing happened. They could live their somewhat normal everyday life. Pretend as if they didn't meet Audrey or as if they didn't receive an offer.

But that wouldn't be normal. Not at all.

'Well, it wouldn't hurt to try her idea', they contemplated.

The message was sent. And everything was set into motion.

--------------------------------------------------------------

'...! Is that-'

Audrey's eyes snapped open as her screen lit up. She felt her heartbeat slow slightly at the message.

'I'm in'

She couldn't help but smile slightly.