His Helplessness

*flashback*

"You understood what I said?" A man's scolding voice was heard.

"I ASKED, DID YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND? " The man snapped. He held a belt in his hand.

"Y-yes" A timid voice of a boy replied.
He was curled up in a corner, shivering. Several bruises on his body.

"You better. Do it as soon as possible or else you'll face consequences. Next time if you dare to disobey me then you won't be the one I'll hurt" The man spat.

"Did you get that?"

The boy nodded, trembling.

"Hah. I don't know how I end up with a good for nothing son like you. Look at your brother. Learn something from him."

The man then turned to a woman standing not far away "Don't give him food until I tell you to."

The woman waited for him to leave and then approached the boy.

She caressed his head "Doyoung-ah, be good okay? Your dad is doing all this for your own good. Break up with that boy. He has nothing, no money, no future. You won't be happy with him"

Doyoung snapped her hand.

"KIM DOYOUNG, why are you being like this? You future husband is soon-to-be CEO. You'll live your life in royalty." She tried to reason.

"Don't pretend mom. None of this is for me. You're doing this cause it will benefit your company" The boy whispered.

"YOU!! There's no good in talking to you. Break up with him if you don't want him or his family to get hurt" She said and left.

She left Doyoung all alone. He knew his dad can do anything for his business. But his mom? He didn't expect this from her.

He also knew how low his dad can stoop for his business. He won't think twice before hurting Junkyu. He had no other option left except breaking up with him.

The thought alone caused him to breakdown again.

He took out a picture of him and Junkyu from bedside drawer.

No, how am I going break up with him? I promised to stay with him forever. I promised grandma that I'll never leave his side.

He broke down again but there was no one to comfort him.

*********

Doyoung was stumbling in heavy rain. Tear and rain covered his whole face.
His tear made his vision blurry.

He broke up.

It was all over. His Junkyu hyung wasn't by his side anymore.

The hurt on Junkyu's face when he was saying all that. He held his chest trying to ease the pain there.

His legs finally gave out and he crouched in the middle of the road, utterly hopeless.

A stranger approached him and tried to get him up. He was saying something. Doyoung barely processed it.

"Everything's going..... Fine"

"No, nothing is going to be fine. I just lost him" He mumbled on his own.

*********

How Doyoung reached home, he had no idea. After what happened last night, he didn't even have any energy to think.

He just remember how his mom was preparing a special meal to celebrate his break up while he was being miserable.

Suddenly he heard his sister yelling at the door.

It was late night, who could be there.

He went out to check, cause well he still cared for his sister.

But his eyes widened when he saw who the visitor was.

Junkyi hyung

What is he doing here? No, he shouldn't be here if his parents see him here then it won't be anything good.

Thinking this, Doyoung snapped at him

But regardless of his yelling, Junkyu went straight to him and hugged him.

Oh! How much he missed this warmth. How much he longed for it.

But he can't do this. And so he snapped again. The hurt was evident in Junkyu's eyes.

His parents were already out of their room by now.

His Mom started yelling at Junkyu.

His dad dragged him.

He couldn't watch it anymore so he turned around trying so hard to stop his tears.

Junkyu was calling him all the while. Doyoung wanted nothing more than hugging him right now.

He broke up with Junkyu, but he still came here. He insulted him so much but Junkyu still came here.

He still loved Doyoung.

Doyoung felt last sense his of rationality breaking. He turned around to chase Junkyu.

But his dad caught him.

He tried hard to breakfree but to no avail.

His dragged him into his room.

And what followed was another round of beating.

"You brat! I told you, if you dare to be disobedient again then you'll face the consequences. Now you'll see"

Doyoung wanted to stop him but it was really painful to move his body.

His father went out and locked the door.

All of this was too much to Doyoung, causing him to pass out.

**********

"Doyoung!"

"Doyoung! Get up. Please"

Doyoung reluctantly opened his eyes. It took him a little while to see who was calling him.

"Jeongwoo? "

Jeongwoo was his best friend. And the only Friend his parents allowed him to have. Because Jeongwoo's family was rich, not as much as Doyoung but still.

"Jeongwoo, what happened? "

Jeongwoo's eyes were little teary.

His voice shivering "Doyoung, Jaehyuk hyung called me. He said-"

The longer Doyoung listened to him, the colder his body got.

And the next moment, he was front of his dad, lashing out.

"How could you do it? Are you even a human" He cried .

But there's no change in his Dad's expression. He put down the newspaper he was reading and calmly looked at Doyoung.

"One more mistake Doyoung and next time it'll be your Junkyu hyung."

Doyoung felt his mind went numb. So it was really his dad.

Grandma.

His tears just won't stop.

Doyoung killed her.

Yes, it was me who is responsible for her death. It was all my fault. Had I not been disobedient, none of this would've happened.

He found it hard breathe. He tried to take long breathes, huffing continuously.

"Oh, please Doyoung. Don't start with your panick attack." His dad scoffed and turned to leave.

"Oh yeah, we're meeting Mr Park tonight, so get a hold of yourself. I won't tolerate any more mistakes."