𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Ravi twirled around as she saw the white lehenga flow. She smiled heartily. She was too excited and happy after all she was getting married to dev today but somewhere in her heart she was getting restless. She shrugged it off thinking it to be her pre wedding nervousness.

The door opened as Prafulla entered. She smiled seeing her excited daughter. Though not giving birth, she treated her like her own daughter and the motherly heart aches to know that she will be getting married today. "Aye raavi." raavi turned hearing somewhat low voice of her masi.

She smiled and came to Prafulla and hugged her. "Main apko bohut miss karungi masi. Lekin main na ati jati rahungi thik hai." Prafulla smiled and caressed her hairs. "Tere liye toh is ghar ke sare darwaze khule hai hamesha." She too the kajal from her eyes and applied in the back of her ear. Ravi smiled heartily. "chal." Raavi nodded and looking at her for the last time in the mirror. She pulled down her veil and exited.

As she sat on the mandap beside dev her eyes scanned thought he mandap. Shiva was not seen. She frowned. She wanted him to see how she was getting married to his brother despite all his efforts to make her not enter his house. Prafulla noticed it and nudged Ravi. "Kya hua ravi?"

"Masi shiva kaha hai?" Prafulla frowned hearing his name. "Aye kyun us jungli ka naam le rahi hai chod na." Ravi frowned and made an irritated face. She looked at dev to find trace of happiness but was instead invited with a cold face devoid of any emotions. She scrunched her eyebrow but then thought maybe he was nervous too.

Shiva was walking on the street alone in despair. The girl he loved from childhood with all his heart was getting married to his elder brother. She was going to be his sister in law. This thing was not going to be digested by him. His turban was opened and his hair disbelieved. The top buttons of his sherwani was open. He was in a complete state of disaster.

He spotted a rock near a cliff and sat there. Tears rolled down his eyes as he tried to forget her. But 15 years of pure love cannot be forgotten within 15 seconds right? He looked at the sky painted red and orange the color of the vermillion that would be seen by him every time he crosses by her.

He shouted in frustration and anger. "Kyun Somnath kyun? Har waqt mere sath hi kyun aisa hota hai. Bachpan se baba ko cheen liya mujhse. Fir bhaiyo ke liye parhi chod di. Jungli gawar jahil kya kya nahi sunna pada lekin apko kabhi nahi kosa. Lekin aj kos raha hu kyun mujhse ravi ko cheen liya. Kyun meri chipkali ko cheen liya mujhse. Are sirf wohi toh thi o bina judge kiye mujhse baat karti thi. Mere pass thi fir kyun cheena mujhse use."

The gantbandhan was done by anta as the priest announced the starting of saat pheras. Both stood up and dev was about to take one step but stopped hearing the voice. "Yeh shadi nahi ho sakti." He stiffened hearing the voice. Ravi and others looked to see a girl in a bridal attire of somewhere dev's age huffing and panting. Her eyes teared up as she looked around the hall. "Rishita?" the name uttered against his mouth and ravi looked at him to find a completely devasted dev.

Shiva's phone rang and he picked it up rubbing his eyes and maintaining his voice. "Han bhabhi?" His eyes widen and fingers curled into a fist as he heard the other side of the person. "Main abhi a raha hu." He cut the call and stood up and looked at the sky. "Mujhse khushiyan cheen li bardasht kar lunga lekin uski ankho mein ansu nahi." He sighed rubbing off the last traces of his tears.