XXIII-A (XLVI-A). The One Who Rules Over the Demon World 🤴

After a long holiday's spent with fun, Iruma was finally able to complete the massive amount of homework he had received. He was doing everything he could to finish it towards the end.

"I was really worried about all the extra homework we got, but..." Muttered Iruma.

"Leave it to Kalego to implement something like this over the break." Continued Opera.

"I wasn't surprised, but I used to work overtime." Commented Ryūko, "That meant I was already developing a sense of workaholism and I was able to complete my Battler work and homework beforehand."

"And I was already informed of this by my mom and Professor Kalego ahead of time, so I completed the needed tasks a few days ago." Added Isabelle.

But why exactly did Isabelle, Ryūko, and Iruma get so much extra homework during the End-of-Terminus?

To bring it all back, the Misfits and company had a competition whilst their time at Walter Park was spent. The group that had the most fun wins and the teachers would treat the winning team to something. Kalego allowed it but the losing team will have their homework doubled. And then, at a certain restaurant in town, Sullivan's winning verdict was all of the teams and he even said it was Kalego's treat to a grand meal. While most of the students began their lunch happily, Shichiro had a small concern.

"Are you alright with paying for everything, Kalego?" He asked. "I'd be happy to pitch in."

"Oh, I really don't mind so much." Replied Kalego with a smirk, "All of these students have actually won... that inevitably means they're all in last place, too. And last place teams, excluding students out of the Misfits, get double the homework, if I recall the deal correctly."

What?! Now that was a low blow of all loopholes! Of course, Ryūko and Lavande could only give a deadpanned face of obvious knowledge that Kalego would eventually find himself a loophole to get his way. Some of the Misfits even expected Isabelle to exempted from doing extra homework over the break but Kalego informed them that she wasn't exempted because he knew from the start that if he keeps on excluding Isabelle on doing extra homework all the time, it would be unfair to her classmates. Thankfully for her, she has less homework to do due to Kalego exempting her the previous time.

But let's get that out of the way. With the End-of-Terminus coming a close and all assignments complete, the Suzuki twins and their housemate have to also prepare for the next term of the year happening in autumn. That's where good and happy Sullivan came to the room.

"I'm pretty much done with all my work, and now you're done with your homework." He chimed, "We finally have time... together! Okay, let's go."

That was another day for the carriage to be off.

"Bye! See you guys once you get back!" Waved Isabelle as she watched the carriage zoom off into the distance before heading back inside the mansion so she could buy materials she needs for the upcoming term.

•°•°•○•°•°•

"Um, where exactly are we going?" Asked Iruma to Sullivan.

"Given the autumn term is drawing nigh, we must browse for all supplies necessary for it." Said Ryūko.

"Yep. You're going shopping with your grandpa for things like school supplies you'll need for the new term." Said Sullivan, "Oh, right. I almost forgot. You'll need a disguise. Well, you two are celebrities, so without one, you'll stand out!"

Well, that's quite true, given what happened back at Walter Park. Sullivan conjured two pairs of detection-warding glasses for his grandchildren. With those on, they wouldn't be recognized nor have the press hounding on them. Upon receiving the pair, Ryūko briefly removed her glasses to take a better look at them. They may not look special to Iruma or Sullivan, but they reminded Ryūko of someone the more she looked at them.