15 • On Stage

Seated at the very front near the stage, Yuna was restlessly waiting for her wife to occupy the vacant seat beside her.

It's been ten minutes and her secretary was still nowhere to be found.

That's when Yuri appeared and took the empty seat across the taller.

Yuna grew confused by the sight as she knew that her wife was with this person a while ago, she couldn't help but feel impatient and lay her chin on her palm.

"Where is she?"

"You'll see." Yuri chuckled, "You're in for a treat."

Looking confused as ever, Yuna maintained her poker face and focused on the main stage that seemed to be starting very soon—it's to at least take her mind off Chaeryeong's absence.

Promptly, the lights inside the event room got dimmer. Detecting this, everyone in the room became quiet as all knew that the event was about to take place.

When the stage lit up, an elegant figure appeared, causing everyone to clap their hands.

Some were shocked by this as some were aware that the host was supposed to be a man.

Soon after, the elegant figure walked in front of the stage to face the audience and bow in welcome.

Eventually, a spotlight shone on her which once again caused a few claps, though this time with a few squeals.

Finally, when the figure lifted her head, silence descended. Every coworker inside the room that quickly noticed who this person was, immediately had their jaws dropped.

No doubt, it was the CEO's secretary.

Lee Chaeryeong.

The girl was wearing a long white formal dress that emphasized her every curve and overall features, no wonder everyone couldn't help themselves but gawk.

Of course, Yuna was quicker than anyone to notice such a sight as she displayed a wide smile on her face while staring at the latter with her utmost attention.

Well, a part of her was a bit mad that some people around her were taking countless pictures of her wife.

The cameras were flashing, snapping nonstop.

One of her fists was under the table, clenched tightly. She didn't know why, but she suddenly wanted to grab the fork in front of her and stab those people.

She wanted this sight only for her to see.

However, those thoughts instantly got overthrown once Chaeryeong landed her eyes on the taller.

The shorter gazed at her wife with a reassured loving smile, this made the girl soften her fist and sit up properly— swiftly acting as if nothing happened.

The moment Chaeryeong noticed the odd gestures from her wife that calmed down, she released a huge sigh of relief.

Then clearing her throat, she proceeded with the script and began reading the card she had in hand.

"L'habit ne fait pas le moine," she said fluently which piqued the interest of the audience.

Chaeryeong stepped aside as five models walked on stage, wearing plain white tattered clothes.

"The English equivalent for that phrase; Don't judge a book by its cover." she gave the models a nod that signaled them to spin around.

With one spin, the tattered clothes suddenly transformed into fashionable ones like magic. Everyone gasped at the sight and clapped their hands in amusement.

Even Yuna who rarely reacted to events like this got surprised, she never expected the new designs to look so otherworldly.

Chaeryeong motioned her hands towards the models, "In this year's collection, we collaborated with a few famous designers that made this possible..."

Too focused on the showcase, Yuna didn't even notice the presence that occupied the seat next to her.

Well not until this person tapped on the taller's shoulder to get her attention.

Feeling slightly annoyed, Yuna slowly turned her head to face the person only to squint her eyes in disbelief.

"L-Lia...?"

"Surprise!"

Yuna glanced on stage before leaning closer to her best friend and whisper, "This is so sudden! What the heck are you doing here?!"

"I'm one of the designers silly!"

"Ah?"

Lia chuckled, "I'll explain everything once this event is done." she laid her back on the backrest, fixing her gaze on the stage. "And by the way, isn't she Lee Chaeryeong?"

Yuna furrowed her brows, "How'd you know? I never introduced her to you..."

"Introduce? You two know each other?" Lia lets out a small gasp.

"What, you know her?"

Lia nodded her head as she smiled at the girl on stage.

Even though this girl was Yuna's best friend, the taller still felt a bit uncomfortable the moment she saw her best friend smiling at her wife with longing eyes.

"I don't think she remembers me, but we're childhood friends."

*THUD*

Out of nowhere, Yuna's subconscious self suddenly acted— her fist slammed the table with medium force that quickly stole her best friend's attention and look at her worriedly.

"Are you okay?"

Immediately after properly composing herself, Yuna could only smile at the girl stoically and respond;

"I'm fine."