Plaything

Published-12/06/21, 3:05am
~
Proofread-1/22/22, 8:15pm
-
Rewritten-5/10/22, 12:33am
Notes(PLEASE READ THIS): I got informed that Huggy does in fact have an experiment number, since there was a tape in chapter 2 somewhere that had confirmed it. I totally missed that lol. Anyway I changed it so he's now more accurate canon-wise! Quick disclaimer—at the time I am writing this, Poppy Playtime is only at Chapter 2. The way I write out the experiments and how they ran may be proven wrong in the future, this is purely just a fan fiction and has nothing to do with the canon story. Thanks a million for reading! <3

You covered your mouth with your hand, silencing your loud shaky breaths. The soft thudding of his stuffed paws echoed as it got further from your hiding spot. Trying to calm your heaving chest, you slowly stuck your head out the stuffy ventilation system, swallowing hard. You couldn't see him. Letting out a loud breath you leaned your back against the wall, holding your hand over your chest as you tried to slow your rapid heartbeat.

Well, that didn't last for long, because as you heard the wicked cry of the monster behind you, your body reacted faster than your mind as you scrambled deeper into the vents and ran.

"Hmm." You stared at the boarded entry doors to Playtime Co. You had to get in, but it sure wasn't gonna be easy. Curling your fingers around a slab of wood, you placed one foot on the side of the building as you began to pull.
Suddenly you wished you had brought a crowbar.

Grunting in an unflattering way, you felt the board start bending (much to your delight). Taking a moment to let go and rub your hands together, you gripped the wood again and used all the strength you could gather up and pulled.

It worked! But alas, it costed a little toll. You hissed as a loose nail sliced at the center of your palm. You held your hand and grimaced, watching a small amount of blood dribble down your arm. You'd have to get a tetanus shot after this.

Moving the broken wood aside, you slammed your shoulder into the door until it popped open and you tumbled into the dimly lit, dirty old factory. You gasped, standing up straight and dusting yourself off. You took a moment to drink in the look of this place. Everything was dull and chipped, totally different from when you last saw it.

The soft buzzing of the old lights and the slight breeze that drifted through the factory made your skin crawl. Taking in a deep breath, your nose immediately scrunched up. It reeked. You shouldn't be too surprised, this place has been abandoned for years now. Or, so you thought. Digging in your pockets, you took a glance at the ominous letter in your hands, feeling a small sense of dread wash over you.

Stuffing the letter back where it came from, you emerged yourself deeper into the decaying factory. Your eyes glossed over a green VHS tape, but you decided to ignore it. Walking behind the front desk, you shimmied your way to the large corridor that was blocked. Your gaze trailed up to a dimly lit blue handprint that sat above the doorway.

That stupid GrabPack.

Where would you even find one? Wandering back out to the front desk, you peaked into a gift shop. Nothing useful here. You walked into the adjacent hallway, eyes lighting up. "Aha!" You said aloud, going over to the Staff Only room.

You briefly remembered how you typically weren't allowed inside this room in particular. Something about important documents involving the experiments. You scoffed. Not like I wasn't apart of the experiments too.

Unfortunately..

You tried pulling the door open, only to find that it's locked. You glanced at the colored keypad that shone brightly in your eyes, and you silently cursed yourself for not noticing that the first time. Your finger hovered over the pad as you bit the inside of your cheek.