𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍.

❝ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ

❝ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʙꜱᴏʟᴜᴛᴇʟʏ ɴᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ.❞

╰──➤ 𝙊𝙉𝙇𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿

After a full weekend of forcing Scaramouche to study, you walked into the school building and tried your best to keep your eyes open while you sorted out your locker, grabbing what you needed for your first classes. While you did so, a familiar face approached from the side.

"Y/n? My, you look tired..."

"Yeah..." You replied, rubbing your eye while you held your books with your other hand. "How was your weekend?"

"Unfortunately dull," she sighed. "I'm running low on money again, do you think you could put in a good word for me at Komore Teahouse?"

"Sure, we need a few more people anyway," you agreed while closing your locker.

You began walking down the hallway with her until you reached your classroom. You stopped by the door and she did the same.

"By the way, did your mom stop giving you an allowance or something?" You asked.

"Yeah, that old hag said I need to fix my grades if I want her money. They aren't even bad, though, I'm a solid B student! Hmph, irrational."

You gave her a half-hearted smile, "I think it's just because she knows you can do better."

"She should say that then," she huffed. "Anyway, I need to get to class. I'll see you later, Y/n."

"Bye, Mona," you gave a small wave while she turned and walked away.

When you entered the classroom, you were confused to see another person in your seat. You looked back to your homeroom teacher, looking for an explanation.

"Sucrose has recently been having a hard time seeing the front of the class, so I'm switching your seats," Miss Gunnhildr said.

"Oh," you nodded before looking back to Sucrose's previous desk. But then you realized Scaramouche was next to it, and you suddenly became suspicious that he had something to do with the change. Still, you walked over and sat down, setting your books on your desk.

"Did you have something to do with this?" You demanded, sending him a glare.

A subtle smirk appeared on his face, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure you don't."

"I might've told Sucrose to say something," he shrugged. "And I might've suggested for her to switch with you."

You rolled your eyes, "What do you want from me then? I already helped you all weekend."

"I just want to get my grades up as soon as possible," he stated. "My mom won't give me any money for paint supplies anymore, and I can't get it by myself."