𝚊𝚗 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚒𝚔𝚞.

❝ɪ'ᴍ ᴋᴀᴇᴅᴇʜᴀʀᴀ ᴋᴀᴢᴜʜᴀ

❝ɪ'ᴍ ᴋᴀᴇᴅᴇʜᴀʀᴀ ᴋᴀᴢᴜʜᴀ. ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ.❞

╰──➤ 𝘼𝙉 𝙐𝙉𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙐𝙉𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝙃𝘼𝙄𝙆𝙐

"Got the job!" Mona smirked as she passed you while you waited on one of the tables.

You glanced over and gave her a thumbs up. You were feeling too dull to offer a smile. She walked out of the building and you continued working.

Scaramouche noticed how you were acting different for the remainder of the day and he wondered why. You didn't try to make conversation on the way to work, and it seemed like you were avoiding him in some way. Really, though, you were trying to figure things out. What he said in the art room made you feel a tingling sensation in your chest, and it was a lot stronger than it had ever been before, even when you were dating someone.

You were worried you were catching romantic feelings.

Your shift ended and the bell on the door dinged as Kazuha entered to take over for you. You realized something.

You'd have to work with him if you lengthened your shifts. You already asked Ayaka for extra hours when you first arrived, and she happily obliged. You were starting the day after. You speed walked to the breakroom and didn't bother taking off your apron. You grabbed your bag, but froze when the air swished as the door opened.

"Hey," Kazuha greeted with a smile.

"Hey," you replied awkwardly, tapping your foot on the floor repeatedly.

He set his things down and went to the bathroom to get in uniform. Meanwhile, you waited for Scaramouche to go in.

"Are you waiting for something?" Kazuha asked as he exited the restroom, straightening his tie.

"Ah, yeah..." You nodded, staring at the floor to avoid eye contact.

He didn't bother to pry, which you silently thanked him for. However, he did ask you about other things.

"How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you...?"

It was always natural to say "good" even when you weren't doing well.

"I'm alright. I barely get to talk with you anymore, I've been wondering what you're up to," he admitted.

"N-Nothing more than when we spoke last, to be honest..."

You clenched your fists from all the anxiety, making your body stiff.

"I see."

"I'm... I'm taking on more hours, though, so we'll be able to see each other more," you said, feeling guilty since he sounded disappointed by your original answer.

"Really?" He raised his brows. "Why's that?"

"Money," you sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. But I look forward to working with you again."