𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚍𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚝.

❝ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ

❝ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴘᴀɪɴᴛ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇ.❞

──➤ IN THE MIDST OF A SUNSET

"Y'know, I didn't actually mean it when I told you to do it for me-"

"Which part of 'I don't care' did you not understand?" He rolled his eyes and pressed his pencil to the paper, writing down the final question's answer. Afterward, he leaned back in his chair and threw the pencil across the table.

"Why are you always so rude about the fact that you're being nice?" You laughed.

"I'm not that rude," he mumbled. "Anyway, what now?"

"Well that's all I really had to do," you shrugged. "I did... kinda wanna go somewhere today."

He quirked a brow, "Where?"

"I don't know," you sighed. "The city, maybe. I just wanna take pictures, but I'm not sure what kind."

"Has it been a while?" He asked.

"Yeah," you nodded and tapped your fingers on the table. "I can't even remember the last time I went out and had a whole photography session, to be honest. Plus, I'm gonna sell my camera in a few days, so I need to make the most of it while I can."

His expression tensed at the mention of you selling your camera, but you were too engrossed in your thoughts to notice. He forced his face into neutrality before responding.

"Then let's go."

♕︎❯───「♕︎」───❮♕︎

While you were enjoying your time with Scaramouche, Ajax was standing at the front counter of the Yae Publishing House and Teucer was browsing the bookshelves. He didn't actually seem very interested, but there wasn't much else to do, and he didn't want to make trouble for his older brother.

"Have a good day," Ajax sent a beaming smile to the customer after bagging their items and they left with a nod.

"Big brother!" Teucer whined, running over to the counter and grabbing the edge of it with his hands. His head barely peeked over the top.

"What is it?" Ajax chuckled.

"I'm bored...!" The young boy groaned. "Isn't there anything else to do?!"

"I'm afraid not," his older brother replied. "Sorry, Teucer."

"Okay..." He mumbled, now sulking as he let go of the counter and instead kicked the bottom of it with his foot.

As if an answer to his prayers, the bell by the door jingled and Teucer's head snapped in the direction of the entrance to see who entered. To his absolute surprise, he actually recognized one of them.