Christmas Mini: Alexander Decorates the tree

Alexander: Everyone! Come here!

Ben, Erica, Mike, Trixie, and Catherine all rush into the living room.

Catherine: OH NO! Alexander, did you get stuck in the chimney again?

Alexander: NO! And for the record, I wasn't stuck. I was just trying to clean out the soot so that Santa wouldn't get all dirty!

Erica: You still believe in Santa? *rolls eyes*

Alexander: you don't? 

*everyone rushes into the living room*
*everyone gasps*

Catherine: OH. MY. GOD.

Ben: um... what is that?

Alexander: our family tree!

Trixie: are you sure that's a Christmas tree? It looks more like, well, the lights are all at the bottom!

Alexander(peevishly): They were a bit tricky to wrap around the tree, so I just, you know, threw them all on!

Mike: why are there little pieces of turkey on strings hanging all over the tree?

Alexander(yelling): CATHERINE OLD ME THERE WAS A LITTLE BOX ON THE KITCHEN TABLE! SHE SAID TO STRING THE ORNAMENTS AND HANG THEM UP AFTER I PUT ON THE LIGHTS!!!

*all rush into kitchen*
*box of ornaments sitting unopened next to a pile of empty Hanniford canned turkey cans*
*loud crash from living room*
*all rush into the living room and gasp*
*the hale family cat is eating the turkey off the tree, which fell over*

Erica: OH MY GOD HOLY CRAP!

*points to the tip of tree*
*it has landed in the fireplace*
*tree quickly burns*

Catherine: Alexander, next time I'm putting you in charge of the Christmas cookies!

Everyone but Catherine and Alexander: NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

***

***

Alexander making x-mas cookies coming soon!