VIII

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"let us pick up the pace a little, the show won't wait forever."

i said looking back at rin who was trailing behind me like a lost kitten.

"i'm coming jeez."

they let out while catching up to me. to make sure they won't fall behind again, i took their hand in mine. at the contact, millions of butterflies bursted through my stomach, my cheeks heated up ever so slightly and my breath got stuck in my throat.

'just what are these feelings... could it be...?'

not long after we arrived at a hill away from the crowds but near enough to see the fireworks. i sat down in the soft grass and patted a spot next to me, indicating for rin to sit next to me. they did as gestured and we both turned our attention to the night sky above us.

the fireworks above us never fail to take my breath away. the lights shining with beautiful colours, making the sky as lively as ever. the cheers of children that have been waiting for the show to start for hours. and oh the beautiful landscape bellow us that has been illuminated by the gorgeous explosions of colours. truly magnificent....

"when i go, i hope to go out just as beautifully..."

i turned to rin that was sitting beside me, their head tilted upwards to get a better view at the show before us.

"well i'd prefer if you didn't go at all..."

i said, making them turn to me before carefully returning their attention to the fireworks.

"please don't say such things, even if its meant as a joke."

after that they didn't respond. hoping that i got my point across i returned back to gazing at the colourful lights.

"y/n..."

i heard them beside me say in a small voice making me turn to them once again.

"my real name: y/n, rangvindr y/n..."

they said this time more clearly and with more confidence presented in their voice. and seconds after that... they finally took of their mask and let me see the face they hid from me this whole time.

"...the youngest child of the rangvindr family that went missing approximately 8 years ago..."

they turned to me, their h/c hair falling in their face, slightly covering their e/c eyes that shone brighter than ever. i took the loose strands in-between my fingers and tucked them behind their ear.

"it's great to finally meet the real you... y/n."

'don't Let this moment end... not just yet...'

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───