Chapter 1

It was a day unlike any other, a demon slayer in training, heading to become a Dark Hashira, even though I live in the same village as my hero, the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku. But when I saw him visiting the village one time, and I was in awe of how he was so kind.

And on that same day, there was a demon attack, and I was still a demon slayer in training, I grabbed my sword because I saw that there was too many demons and they were overpowering Rengoku. I grabbed my sword and I helped him, but I don't think he saw me, but turns out he did. And at first, he scolded me for intervening in the attack, but he praised me how I managed to slay all the demons.

I still remember what he told me, "I have a feeling you're going to become an excellent Hashira." he told me with a smile before leaving. But anyways, I was busy delivering food and clothing to the people in the village that I didn't notice it was getting dark.

Once I finished my deliveries, I headed back home. I called out to my parents letting them know I was home, but I didn't hear any response. "Mom, dad?" I called out again as I set my delivery basket down and looked around.

When I looked down, I saw a blood trail and I started panicking. "Oh god, oh no! Please don't be dead!" I thought aloud to myself as I followed the blood trail. But my hopes and praying was useless when I opened up the door leading to the shed.

And inside, was my dead mom, dad, and my little brother's bodies, covered in blood. I let out an agonizing cry into the night. "Noooooooo, please tell me this isn't real!" I cried out into the night, not hearing running footsteps running towards me.

When I finally turned around, there was a demon running towards me, but I was too slow to grab my sword. But then I heard a grunt and I heard a yell. I looked up and I saw him, Rengoku. What was he doing here, and how did he find me? I thought to myself.

I was busy training in my room when I heard Kocho call in to my room. I looked at her. "What is it Kocho?" I asked her as I walked towards her.

"It's your village, where you met that girl, her family's been killed by a demon." she said. My heart stopped beating.

That girl, she looked so fearless and brave when she helped me stop that demon attack on my village, but now, I think she's in trouble. "Thank you Kocho." I said and I headed towards my village.

Once I got to my village, I was about to ask one of the villagers where the girl lived, when I heard an agonizing howl into the night. Oh no. I thought and I headed towards the same direction where the howl came from and I saw her with her family that was covered in blood.

I'm so sorry Kayla, I cannot begin to describe how sorry I am. I thought to myself, but then I heard running footsteps heading towards her and I saw the demon. He must've killed her family. But, he was getting to close to her, and she didn't grab her sword in time, but I grabbed mine and I leaped down in front of her with a grunt and I sliced the demon's head off while he yelled with pain and I watched as his body turned to ash.

I finally turned around and I could tell she was confused how I managed to find her so quickly. But I kneeled down in front of her and I hugged her. "I'm so sorry for your loss Kayla. But we can't talk here. Come, I'll take you to the demon slayer corps." I told her as I held out my hand waiting for her to take it.