Chapter 11

A couple weeks had passed ever since Kayla, Rengoku and the kids faced against Akaza and the train demon. Kayla's wounds have healed along with the kids. During the time, Kayla trained against Rengoku to get stronger while the kids trained with each other under Kayla and Rengoku's supervision.

Kagaya watched them with a smile on his face. He was glad his children were doing well, including Kayla. He turned his head seeing a crow fly towards him. "What is it dear friend?"

"News from the Entertainment District, Tengen Uzui's wives have been taken."

Kagaya's eyes grew wide hearing the news. Rengoku and Kayla stopped training hearing the news as well. Tengen's wives went missing? Kayla looked at Rengoku with fear in her eyes. "That can't be, Tengen told me his wives are strong, way too strong to be kidnapped or go missing." Kayla exclaimed.

"Must be the work of demons, some strong demons I might say. I better go tell my friend." Rengoku said as he sheathed his sword and headed for Tengen's estate. Kayla turned to the three boys and approached the boys.

She had a feeling Kagaya was going to assign the boys, herself and Rengoku to accompany Tengen with retrieving his wives. "Boys, you might want to pack a bag."

"What do you mean Kayla-san?" Tanjiro asked her.

"We're going to be traveling to the Entertainment District with Tengen and Rengoku. Rengoku is already alerting Tengen right now. So go ahead and pack what you need. I'll prepare Nezuko's box and make sure she's ready Tanjiro." Kayla informed the boys.

The boys nodded their heads and put away their wooden swords and ran off to Kocho's estate while Kayla hurried to hers. Once at her estate, Kayla prepared Nezuko's box before going to wake her and help her into her box. Once Nezuko was in her box, Kayla hurried to her room and packed a small bag of clothes that she knew she'll need, in case she has to spy, before putting her haori on.

After I was ready, I carefully picked up the box that Nezuko was nestled inside and headed to Kocho's estate, where the boys, Kocho, Aoi and Kanao were waiting for us. I smiled seeing Kocho and bowed my head at her before handing Tanjiro the box.

"Tanjiro already told me of the mission. But tell me, why the Entertainment District?" Kocho asked.

"According to Kagaya, Tengen's wives have gone missing. But I have a feeling they were kidnapped by demons. This could be the work of Muzan and his upper rank demons." I said to Kocho lowly. I didn't want the boys to hear it from me and not Tengen. Mainly because I know how Zenitsu is when it comes to women.

Kocho nodded her head before saying goodbye to the boys and I. I walked with the boys to Tengen's estate, where Rengoku and Tengen waited for us.

I left Kayla's estate, heading to my own so I could prepare for the journey before heading to Tengen's. After I packed my bag, I headed to Tengen's estate, where I found Tengen training outside. "Tengen, I must tell you something." I called out to my friend.

Tengen looked over at me with his usual smile. "Ah Rengoku. What is it?" he asked me, turning his body towards me.

"Kagaya has just received word that your wives have gone missing in the Entertainment District. He has dispatched you, Kayla, the three boys and I to the Entertainment District to investigate their disappearance and search for your wives." I explained to him.

I watched as his smile fell, hearing the news. I approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Do not worry my friend, we will find them. I assure you. Kayla is already rounding up the boys as we speak."

"Thank you, I will need any help I can get. I must find my wives. Yes they are strong and can handle themselves, but if this an upper rank demon we're more than likely going to be up against." Tengen said.

"I agree."

I looked at him before hearing footsteps approach us. We turned to see Kayla and the boys walking towards us. I smiled seeing Kayla. I was glad to see she had fully healed and recovered after her battle weeks ago with Akaza. She is truly a strong woman.

"I know what you're thinking my fiery friend." Tengen's voice sounded, breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked over at him, "what do you mean?" I asked him.

"The way you look at Kayla, you're happy that she has recovered and healed after her battle against Akaza, right? Out of all of us, as a Hashira, she is definitely the strongest Hashira I have ever met or seen in my life. She reminds me of my wife Hinatsuru. She wants to protect those she holds dear to her while protecting everyone else."

I looked at him before looking back at Kayla. The way she smiled at me as she approached us, made my heart race. I have never felt this way with anyone before. But when I met her, there was something about her that made me feel the need to protect her from any danger. "She is truly an amazing woman." Tengen said.

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yes she is."

"Rengoku-san!" I smiled hearing Tanjiro call out, waving his hand.

"Hello Tengen." Kayla said with a smile once in front of the both of us.

"Hello Kayla. So do you boys know why we're going to the Entertainment District?" Tengen asked the boys.

The boys shook their heads no. Kayla must not have told them, most likely because it is about Tengen's wives.

"We are going to the Entertainment District to investigate the disappearances of my wives. They have suddenly gone missing, so we are going to go see what happened to my two wives." Tengen explained.

Zenitsu's eyes grew wide hearing wives. "What!?! You have two wives!!! How dare you!!!!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Zenitsu, calm down. That's the Uzui family tradition. You cannot get mad at Tengen for having two wives." Kayla said calmly to Zenitsu.

"Yes Kayla-San." Zenitsu said glumly.

Tengen quietly scoffed before explaining what they are going to do when they reach the Entertainment District. He planned on using the boys as bait, wearing disguises to sneak into the courtesans houses to investigate what happened to his wives, while he, Kayla and Rengoku blend into the crowds and find out what is really going on in the Entertainment District