Chapter 7

After handling the demon, the workers were finally able to fix the train without any more problems. Once the train was fixed, the train was sent to the station where Kayla and Rengoku waited. Once the train arrived at the station, Kayla and Rengoku boarded the train and went to the back cars.

Rengoku pulled out some food that he had received from the old woman and the young girl from earlier and offered some to Kayla. Kayla accepted the gesture and took the food from Rengoku before opening and started eating. As soon as she took a bite, her eyes widened in amazement of how tasty it was.

"Tasty!" Rengoku said from the first bite. "Tasty!" he said once more after the second bite.

He continued to say this each time he took a bite causing Kayla to giggle at his action. She continued to eat until she saw the three boys from the spider forest. "Hello Tanjiro." she said with a smile.

"Hello Kayla-san, Rengoku-san." he said as he bowed his head respectively. He and the other boys sat down on the opposite side of Kayla and Rengoku and talked quietly to each other. Kayla could sense Nezuko sleeping in the box beside Tanjiro.

It's been over a couple of hours and so far nothing has happened, until three children placed everyone under a sleeping spell, a spell that causes dreams of the things that should've happened. Everyone in the train car fell asleep, but Nezuko. She awoke when the spell was cast and she tried to wake Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu up.

Meanwhile, in Kayla's dream, she was back home with her family. But she knew it wasn't real, it was only a dream. And just as quick as the spell was cast, Kayla was already fighting against the spell. '9th form, Darkening Dragon dance!' she thought as she slit the veil of the dream.

Once she slit the dream veil, she was awake. She managed to break the spell in mere seconds. Kayla stood up quickly, and she saw Nezuko desperately trying to wake her brother up.

I walked over to Nezuko and I placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. I saw her slowly calm down and I nodded my head to her. She nodded back at me and shuffled back a bit. I placed a hand on Tanjiro's forehead and I remembered a little saying my mother told me if I was trapped in a dream. "It's only a dream, it's not real, come back to reality." I whispered in his ear.

When I said that, his eyes quickly opened and he started to look around. "Thank you Kayla-san." he told me. I nodded my head and I told him to repeat what I said to the others while I go and try to find the demon that caused this. He nodded his head and placed his hand on Inosuke's forehead.

I grabbed my sword and I left the car and headed to the engine. I could feel a demon's presence there, but then again, I could feel it everywhere. Which means, the demon is in the train itself. That's what everyone meant by the train is haunted or possessed. A demon is possessing this train.

But there's another problem, not only is there a demon inside the train, there's another demon, in the tree line. I can feel it. But that's the problem, it's not just any other demon, no. No, this is the demon from my nightmare, the one I saw kill Rengoku.