Prologue

"Taylor, you're being immature right now!" Karlie shot at me. Her hair slightly going over the place, so as mine. My pent up anger crawling back to me like wildfire.

"I'm being immature? That's shit Karlie! I fought for our relationship and this is how you repay me?!" I shot back at her.

"I also fought for our relationship, Taylor! Do you think that I don't find this hard--that I'm not suffering and hurting just like you?! Jeez. Our future is at stake here!"

"So you're just going to throw 2 years of our lives? That's it? 2 years?!"

She didn't respond instead she shot me daggers with her eyes that seemed to be filled with tears threatening to fall off.

"Answer me, Karlie! 2 years and you're just going to throw it out the window just like that?!" I shouted once again.

"Taylor it was 2 years of hiding! This is too much."

"Is this some sort of game to you?!"

"It's not like that Taylor! I love you!" She shouted. Tears finally sprung from my eyes and so did hers too.

"I love you, Taylor," her voice softened. "But I'm sorry. We just have... to stop."

She walked towards the door of my apartment, but my voice stopped her.

"Karlie, I..."

I opened my mouth but closed it again. What will I say? It won't change her mind anyway. She walked out the door and looked at me one last time with her puffy red eyes and tear-strained cheek until she finally left. The sound of door booming in my ears, defeaning me.

"I love you, too," I mumbled between my sobs.

I closed my eyes and swallowed all the pain. I loved Karlie more than I ever loved anyone, not even my past exes. I didn't know why our relationship ended like this and maybe neither does she.

I just know we didn't start like this...