Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Coffee

My head throb in the morning and unlike the others, it was throbbing because I hit myself with the glass of water I was reaching on the bedside table.

I took Cara in my apartment here in New York. We didn't hook up, surprisingly, but we just made out. I'm sure it was just my jealousy and her drunken state that fueled the tension. But damn Cara slept on me in the middle of our make-out session.

Flashbacks of Karlie and Candice kept haunting me. I don't care if they were both drunk. I should be the one in Candice's position. Karlie shouldn't have teased me. Shit.

"You're up early," I heard Cara mumble behind me. She snuggled close to me as she groaned. I gave her a glass of water and Advil.

"Fuck hangovers," she said as she drank the glass of water with the Advil.

"You were crazier drunk than what I expected," I said. She mumbled a 'thank you' and placed the water glass on the bedside table.

"So, where is everyone?" She asked as she turned her head to every corner of the room, "did all of us sleepover? Why am I here? And... where am I exactly?"

"In my apartment."

"Your apartment?" She asked, shocked, "we are in your apartment? I slept in your apartment?!"

Her voice raised and I sighed. Why does she have to be drunk last night? Why does Karlie have to kiss Candice? Fuck.

She lowered her voice and asked, "Taylor, did we hook up?"

I gave a brief nod. I'd like to mess with her a bit, just to get my mind off of that damn goddess.

"Holy fucking shit!" She cursed and lowered her voice, "Was I good?"

"What?"

"I want to know if I was good in b-"

I cut her off by throwing a pillow at her.

"We didn't have sex!" I said while laughing. "I was kidding, Cara. We're friends."

"Aww. There goes my 'friends with benefits' relationship."

I playfully slapped her arm and we both laughed in unison.

"What happened last night?" She asked.

"We played Truth or Dare and then after the game we got in our own business and - well I - then K - you know what, I approached you, you kissed me. And you damn fell asleep in the middle of our make-out session! I decided it was time to go home and you were really knocked out as freak so I sent you home here with me. I change your clothes by the way, your onesie was stained with liquor."

"Thank you so much! I love you, Tay!" She hugged me and spun us around the bed, leaving me on top.

"You're not at all crazy about the thing that we kissed?" I whispered.

"You're not crazy that it was a girl that you kissed?" She said with a smirk on her lips as she wrapped her arms around me. She was leaning in, making clocks stop. This is bad. This is so wrong. I know it.

She stopped and I could feel that she's unsure, maybe confused about this situation.

"I can't..."

Those words rang in my head a few times. It's the same words Karlie told me. Words that left me hanging. I wasn't able to speak. I stood up from my position and sat beside her, my head resting on the headboard.

"Taylor -"

"I get it, Cara."

"No, you don't. It's like this." She sat in front of me and made me look at her. "You said it that we made-out last night. I was drunk, you weren't - something happened. Okay. Tay, we're friends. I don't want to ruin that. I'm not for you, and you're not the one for me. I don't want to ruin our friendship. We're just friends and... You don't like me either. I know it, Taylor."

"Yeah. I guess..."

"Do you want to get coffee with me and Karlie?"

"I... What?"

Holy shit.

--

"So?" Cara pointed at me. We're now at Starbucks in our hoodies. The place wasn't packed which is rather unexpected.

"Skinny caramel latte, please."

"And a hot chocolate for me. Mine is Cara and hers is Taylor."

She paid for the drinks and we sat down on the far corner of the place. Karlie will be here in a few minutes and it'll be awkward to see her, really.

"Taylor?"

I turned my head to the speaker of the voice. She was wearing jeans and a dark coat. Okay, Taylor. Act cool.

Cara stood up and hugged her, "Did you order?"

She nodded in response. I stood up to hug her, too. We sat down with her in front of me.

"So, where did you guys sneak out last night?" Karlie asked.

"Taylor's apartment. Man, the bed was bloody comfy!"

"The bed or Tayl -"

"Oh my God, you guys are pervs!" I said in between laughs.

"You ended up with whom last night? Josh?" Cara asked Karlie. I was gripping the hem of my hoodie under the table.

"I don't remember. Somebody took me home though. I woke up in my apartment," she replied.

"I saw you and Candice last night. You looked like you needed a room," I said bluntly.

"It was a dare! Did we really look that hot?"

I playfully slapped her arm but my face turned crimson red. So it was just a dare.

Karlie touched my hair and twirled it around her finger. She's making my heart skip beats. Fuck.

"You have good hair today, Taylor," she mumbled while piercing her precious green eyes at me.

"Let's see. Morning sex was great?" She asked that made me choke. I took a sip of my drink that soothed me and my throat.

"Oh yes. It was mindblowing!" Cara responded. I choked on my drink that made them both laugh.

Maybe it won't be a bad day after all.