33

Chapter 33

THE LIBRARY WAS DESOLATE.

It was strange, considering the seventh years have their NEWTS to take in two weeks and they have been living in the library to try and get as much revision done as they possibly could. Albeit, it was a Saturday but the day of the week doesn't tend to bother the stressed students.

The weather has turned for the worse, the heatwave subsided and was replaced with humid thunderstorms and heavy rain. It fell loudly against the large glass windows of the library.

Sirius grabbed Lenora's cold hand as they walked through the door, Madam Pince turned her nose up and rolled her beady eyes as they entered her library but she was far too invested in the ancient book she was reading to care too much about what they were doing.

He led her all the way to the back of the dim, large library. The books on the shelves looked as if they hadn't been touched since the school opened in the middle ages, but nevertheless, Sirius was eager to scan the spines in hopes to find the book he was looking for. The dust made Lenora's nose itch.

"These books look as if they'd disintegrate if you breathed in them," Lenora said. "And there's enough dust on them to make a blanket big enough for the entire school," she continued as she ran her finger along the shelf, collecting the grey dust on the tip of her finger.

"They're the oldest books in here," Sirius stated as he quickly turned to look at Lenora, strands of his dark hair gently whipped his cheek. "The one that I'm looking for is one of the first books ever written about Hogwarts."

"Really?" Lenora asked curiously, leaning up against the shelf. "What is it about?"

"James' dad told me it's about the castle being built so it should include any rooms or corridors that have been blocked off or any secret passageways." Sirius grinned, the trademark glint of mischief in his grey eyes.

"Oh lord," Lenora sighed, though still smiling. "If it does have all of that in, surely it would be in the restricted section to stop people like you from knowing every single part of the castle."

"That's what I thought!" Sirius said, "But I've checked the restricted section and it's definitely not in there." He continued looking at the shelves, his tongue stuck out between his lips slightly as he concentrated. "James' dad said that if it was anywhere then it would be here, he said he came across it once when he was at school."

"What's it called, I'll help you look." Lenora offered, standing away from the shelf and besides Sirius.

"The Architecture of Hogwarts, by Victor Renquist."

"Oh," Lenora frowned, Sirius looked at her. "I thought it would be called something a lot more exciting than that."

Sirius laughed, prodding Lenora's cheek with his finger. "I'll let Victor know how you disapprove of the title the next time I see him," he smiled.

After rummaging through the shelves for twenty minutes and Sirius climbing up and down on the ladder to reach the top, he sat down on the floor with his arms petulantly folded across his chest and with a dramatic, childish pout.

Lenora sat beside him, their legs touching as she wrapped her arm around his back, gently jabbing her fingers into his ribs.

"My mum always told me that if you pull a face and the wind changes your face will be stuck like that forever." She told him, her warm breath against his ear.

Sirius laughed, now facing her.

"I could pull any face I want and still be the best looking student in the school," he said confidently, lifting his hand up to squeeze one of Lenora's cheeks. His face inching closer to hers. "I don't think I could say the same about you though." He added, cheekily.