Chapter 6

Nandini was at her cubicle when Manik came out and tossed a few files in front of her.

"Mera ek meeting hai...come with me."

"Aur yeh?" Nandini asked, looking at the files.

"You have to bring those."

Nandini took the files and followed Manik to the elevators and downstairs to his car. As they reached there, Manik's driver Hemant opened the door for Manik when he saw Nandini. and was surprised.

"TUM?!"

"Hi!" Nandini grinned and waved at him. Hemant looked at Manik who just shook his head and motioned for him to stay quiet.

Manik & Nandini then sat in the back seat and Hemant started the car.

"Kahan jaana hai sir?"

"China Town."

"Oh wow! I love chinese food!" Nandini exclaimed happily and Manik glared at her.

"Im sorry to let you know Miss Murthy lekin hum wahan khaana khane ke liye nahi jaa rahe hai. Meeting ke liye jaa rahe hai." Manik told her.

"Well...haan par khaana toh khayenge na? I mean woh log hume wahan bina khaana khaaye baitne kyun denge? Like, eating is literally the main purpose of the place...aur-"

"Miss Murthy will you shut up!" Manik raised his voice....which Nandini didnt like at all. Nandini kept quiet the rest of the way. Finally Hemant pulled up to the restaurant and Manik & Nandini got off. 

Inside, they were lead to a quiet booth where a middle aged man in a 3 piece suit sat with a young woman about Nandini's age. She wore a tight pencil skirt and her cleavage was clearly visible with the shirt she wore.

"Mr Kukreja...Its nice to finally meet you." Manik firmly shook his hand.

"You too Mr Malhotra...this is my PA Suzy."

"Hiii." Suzy replied in a seductive tone. Manik just shook her hand and ignored her.

"Yeh meri PA hai...Miss Murthy." Manik introduced Nandini. Nandini politely smiled and shook Mr Kukreja's hand but didnt say anything. As Nandini tried to pull her hand away, Mr. Kukreja resisted slightly, rubbing her hand slightly with his thumb. Nandini pulled more hard and finally he let go. Manik didnt notice any of this and they all sat down.

"What a creep...yeh Mr, Khadus kaise kaise logon ke saath meeting karte hai? Nandu...isse toh tu door hi reh."  Nandini thought as the meeting started. 

"Miss Murthy pls read out the budget details." Manik asked Nandini who had the file in her hand. She put it on the table, flipped to the budget page and just pointed. Manik leaned in and whispered. "Yeh kya mazak hai? I asked you to read it out."

"Par sir...aap hi ne toh Shut up bola tha." Nandini replied out loud. Manik went red in embarrassment as Mr Kukreja looked at him questioningly.

"Nahi...woh...yeh mazak kar rahi hai." Manik lied. They continued and soon the meeting was done. Mr Kukreja & Manik shook hands again as the deal was signed before Mr Kukreja left with Suzy. Then Manik turned to Nandini.

"Was that fun for you? How dare you embarrass me like that?" Manik yelled. "You know what....find your own way back to the office."

"Arre par...sir main-" Nandini called after Manik as he left her there in the restaurant. She ran after him but he got in his car and Hemant drove away. "How rude...yeh toh sach mein chala gaya mujhe chodke. Ab office kaise jaungi?"

"Need a ride?" Mr Kukreja pulled up in his car with Suzy nowhere in sight.

"Mr Kukreja....no thanks. I good." Nandini refused and started walking but Mr Kukreja blocked her way with his car and got out.