Chapter 7

A Week Later....

Manik & Nandini 1st day working together was basically how everyday went. Once Nandini came back from her day off, Manik went back to his khadus self. Nandini kept wondering if she dreamed Manik being sweet. She also never left any moment to annoy the hell out of him.

Today was a special day, it was Harshvardhan & Kavita Malhotra's 55th Marriage Anniversary so no office for any of the family members. And since Manik was not going to work, there was no reason for his PA to go as well. The family members were all sitting at the breakfast table waiting when Cabir suddenly thought of something.

"Wait....Abhi, Mukti aaj nashta nahi banna rahi hai na?" Cabir asked.

"No of course not. "Abhi replied. "At least....I hope not. Varna aaj bhi nashta nahi milega."

"I know...aur mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai. Yeh Badi ma aur Mom bhi na, paata nahi Mukti ko kitchen mein gusne bhi kyun dete hai." Cabir added.

"How mean Jeej...Cabir bhai, aap dono kya roz meri Didu ke piche parte ho aise?" A voice said from behind startling them. Manik was shocked to see Nandini come out of the kitchen with a dish. She walked over and placed it on the table. "Aur btw ...nashta Didu na nahi, maine banayi hai."

"Tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" Manik asked.

"Manu...humne Nandini ko bulaya." Nyonika informed him. "Aaj Ma aur Bauji ki shaadi ka saalgira hai party hai na? Humne Murthys ko bulaya aut Nandini subha subha aa gayi humari madat karne ke liye."

"Yeh? Madat? Yeah right." Manik scoffed. "Apne pagalpanti se pura party kharab kar degi yeh."

"Manik..." Raj gave him a stern look. 

"Agar yeh party kharab hota hai na toh mere pagalpanti se nahi aapke....Khaduspanti se hoga." Nandini retorted.

"What? Khaduspanti? Thats not even a word."

"Guys! Laaro mat na....Nandini kya banaya tumne nashte mein? Im so hungry." Cabir asked, taking the lid of and peaking in. "Wow...parathe...mere favourite."

Manik got up to leave the table but Raj glared at him and he sat back down. "Oh come on Dad...Mukti ki behen hai, uske jaise hi khaana banati hogi. Actually....prob worse!"

"Gee thanks Manik." Mukti joked. "Vaise just FYI...meri behen bohot acha khaana banati hai. Bilkul Amma jaisi, try toh karo...ungliya chaate reh jaoge."

"Yeah whatever." Manik rolled his eyes and took a bite of the paratha. Of course he loved it but he wasnt about to admit that. "Its okay I guess."

"Acha Manik...woh Kukreja ke deal ka kya hua?" Raj asked as they all ate. Nandini froze and looked at Manik, waiting to see what he said. She didnt want people knowing what happened and she really didnt want Raj to know the deal didnt happen because of her. Manik noticed and realized what Nandini was feeling.

"Actually Dad...Kukreja ke baare mein bohot kuch sunne ko mila hai. He has a bad reputation so I dont think unke saath deal karna humare liye sahi hoga." Manik replied, makin sure to keep Nandini out of it. Nandini closed her eyes and sighed in relief.

"Oh...I see. Toh phir acha hi hua ke tune manna kar diya deal ke liye." Raj said.

"Thank you." Nandini whispered leaning towards Manik so only he could hear. Manik turned to look at her but neither realized just how close she was until Manik's nose brushed against her cheek. Startled, Nandini stepped backwards almost tripping over her own feet but Manik steadied her by catching hold of her hand. Both of them felt a shock go through their hands and they let go immediately and looked away awkwardly. Everyone else was busy eating and talking amongst themselves so nobody noticed the exchange between Manik & Nandini.....well nobody except the one & only Cabiiirrra. Cabir saw them both and smirked teasingly as Manik looked towards him.