Chapter 21

(SORRY FOR LATE UPDATE!!!😃)

Your POV:

Still following the little girl knowned as Sumiye. I played with her and her little house games, I was still aware of him close by. My guess was thinking he taken us in. To wherever this place is.

'I can't keep this up for much longer. He's the enemy, he said it himself he never wanted to see me again..' I thought to myself as Sumiye tugged on the robe I was wearing, pulling me around.

After a while, Sumiye started to get sleepy.

"-yawn-..I'm so..sleepy.." She then let me fall in her arms and I picked her up. She did look awfully tired.

'I should get her in bed..'

I walked into the house, with Kokushibo trailing behind me. I don't know if he thinks I don't notice him, because I clearly do.

I arrived back at the room where the futon was and placed the little girl on the Matt.

I covered her with the futon blanket and let her sleep.

"..follow me.." I turned my head to look up at Kokushibo who looked down on me.

"W-where..- H-hey!" He pulled on my wrist and dragged me out of the room closing the door to let the girl sleep.

Pulling me down the hallway, I finally escaped his grip.

"Where are you trying to take me to?!.." I scolded to him. He didn't answer.

"Well?!..why..why did you even take us here?!..I thought we agreed we were going to be strangers to one another..!" I tried to get an answer out of him. No good.

'This is so annoying..' I turned my head away in frustration.

"I know what we agreed on. But I.." I never heard him struggle to talk like this before. I turned back to look at him.

"...nevermind.." He turned and walked away from me.

'What just happened..' even I was too confused to know what was happening. What did he want to say?

I decided to head back to the room sense obviously, being in this large estate was no good for me.

I opened the door to the room and saw the little girl sleep but not how I expected. I walked closer to her and saw a small tear run down her eye, her face was restless and she looked upset.

'Oh no..'

I crouched down and sat the girl up and held her close to me.

(Yea you all know how it's gonna go down. Okay this song if haven't heard it from Inuyahsa🤣)

Singing the sweet lullaby to her I notice her face grew more calm and settle.

"I hope that will do.." I laid her back down on the futon and laid right next to her.

Being tired myself I fell asleep. Just like that.

The next morning came around, and I was awaken by flowers on my face.

"Eh..?" I moaned looking around. I was still waking up and I was tired still.

"Wakey wakey!" The girl hovered over my face and tried to wake me up.

I instantly shot up and sat up on my bed.

"Oh! Good morning.." I greeted to her. Sumiye smiled and hugged me.

I hugged her back. This was the day I was going to leave this place with the girl. I couldn't have her risk being in a place I have no clue where. Plus! I don't even know where my medicine, uniform, or sword is!

My plan was to wait till night for the girl to fall asleep, it may seem like a stupid move, but it was the best option for the girl to not know what will happen. Most of the Hashira and the master might be worried sick about me. So my game plan is to get the hell out of here.

Objective one. Search for my stuff.

I've only been gone for about 2 days. 1 counting for spending the night at this house.

Sumiye was complaining the whole morning on how hunger she was. The problem was, I couldn't find anything in this house. Yes, I was hunger too, but I had other priorities to solve to help the both of us. Kokushibo wasn't around either. Most likely he was hiding from the sun. I couldn't find him either way and I wouldn't be able to demand him where to find my stuff.

Sumiye clinged onto my side whinning. I felt bad but I was trying to find my things. I checked every room over and over and over and checked outside. I did eventually find my uniform.

"My uniform!" It was under a tatami matt in one of the rooms.

I put on my uniform and folded the robe away I was wearing before.

"Mommy!..I'm hungry..." She cried out to me. I picked her up in my arms and cradled her.

"Shh..calm down it's ok.." I tried to make her calm down while she cried into my arms.

Poor girl.

The rest of the day I was searching for my sword and my medicine it has been two days since I had taken my medicine, and i honestly don't feel any different. My body was ok from the resting but I still need to find it.

I checked every tatami Matt and room. Inside outside. Everywhere and I eventually found my sword.

"HAH!? My sword!" I picked it up and put it in my belt holder around my waist.

"All I need now is to atleast find my medicine.." That was the problem. I couldn't find the medicine. All day I searched and rechecked everywhere.

"Oh no.."

Even if couldn't find my medicine I still had to try and escape without it. Let's home headquarters isn't far.

Night had fallen and it was time for me to leave.

Sumiye had fallen asleep, restlessly. I was worried for her, I needed to find the closet village and get her something to eat.

I found a small blanket and used it to cover Sumiye and keep her warm.

"I promise to keep you safe.." I held her close to my body and fleeted the house.

I ran and ran out of there as quick as I could.

Run

Run

Run..

'I hate leaving him..'

End of chapter 21🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓