Chapter Four: New Visitors, Killer Films

Editor Note
2 parts in one day! This will not happen for some time. Happy Reading as always!
-RandomWriter225

KANE POV

"How exactly do we go about this?" I asked, not being able to find an expression for this situation.

"We should probably get some sleep, after all, we could probably use some." L replied. I went back to my makeshift bed, pulled a sheet of metal over me, and was about to power down when I saw L sitting in a chair.

"Hey L, why are you sitting there?" I asked, knowing that L wanted to sleep.

"It is better for me if I sleep as vertical as possible, it helps my oil circulate," L responded. And with that, the two were fast asleep.

NARRATOR POV

Kane and L woke up refreshed and started setting up filming equipment in a nearby storeroom. They managed to gain access to it using a combination of crowbars and sharp claws and blocked the actual door leading outside. When Kane and L saw each other, they decided to hug, only for a sound of an opening door to be heard. Mid-hug, both of them turned to the only entrance, and saw a different murder drone in the doorway, with a confused expression on his face.

G POV

"L? Why are you hugging a worker drone who has great fashion sense?" I asked both confused that L would be hugging a worker, and happy that someone else had the same attire as him.

"The name is Kane, and we are kinda friends or something now..." the worker drone stated, alerting me that the name of this guy was 'Kane'.

"Well, take a seat, we have a ton to explain," L announced, placing me on a makeshift bed.

A ton of the backstory of Kane later...

"-and now we kind of live together!" L stated, allowing me to get up.

"Never thought that I would feel bad for a worker drone, but here I am. I'll refrain from murdering Kane, but what exactly is with the spotlights and green screen?" I asked, shocked at hearing such a tale.

"Oh, I have a history project that L wanted to use to lure workers out of the bunker to kill them." Kane recounted, with both me and L's visors gleaning with a yellow X. We were both smiling, but soon snapped out of it.

"One problem with this. A. He will not be happy if he finds out we are keeping a worker drone safe, and will probably slaughter us if he figures it out." I stated, suddenly worried for our safety. Kane was dragging a computer out from a cellar, and hooked it up to a set of boxes, which turned out to be portable power supplies. Kane logged into his school account and opened his mail. We both peeked over his shoulder and saw no messages at all. Just automated responses. Soon, he opened a video editor and ran a cable towards a film-studio camera.

"So, I have an idea. What if I do the presentation, but both of you are making some not-so-subtle indications that we know each other?" Kane started, trying to come up with ideas.

"How not-so-subtle are we talking?" both L and G asked, to which Kane responded that "I would be fine if you, quite literally, 'accidentally' walked behind me while I was doing stuff. And with that, the filming started. Kane would often explain different parts of the 'disassembly drones', while they were working on tasks behind him. At one point, he left the frame for a second, and L and I stared directly into the camera, with a toothy grin, and imposing yellow X's on their visors. We even switched out our normal hands for claws and exposed our wings!

L POV

G and I were peeking over Kane's shoulder as he edited the presentation. We laughed at a part where one of us 'accidentally' knocked over the camera, and set it back up, with the viewers knowing full well a killer drone was resetting the camera. Kane had finished editing, and it was an in-depth presentation on the armaments, abilities, and even motives of Murder Drones, or in the video "they are named 'disassembly drones'. Who knew". Soon, we finished putting a filter on it and hit send. All three of us knew that there was revenge to be delivered. It would be sweet, and it would be great.

Back At The Colony

The history class was underway, and the teacher just finished with a different student's slideshow.

History Teacher (HT): and this is Kane's video on murder drones! He does not appear to be here, but we will play it regardless.

(The video starts with Kane giving an introduction, while two unnamed murder drones are speaking in the background. Kane seems oblivious to this.)

Kane: "Uhh, Hey! This is my video on Murder Drones. Just let me grab this whiteboard so I can continue!"
Kane walks offstage, and the two drones look directly at the camera through the glass door, revealing their claws, toothy smile, and yellow X's on their visors. Their wings are also visible, shining in the light. The class, except for Peter, Dan, and Jenny appear terrified and shocked. Kane soon returns with a chalkboard and moves it to the boarded windows.

Kane explains the armaments of 'Disassembly Drones' while in the background, the unnamed drones are demonstrating the specific armament by fighting each other with it.

Kane walks with the whiteboard offscreen, stating that he will need to get his timeline from the cellar. The drones outside are not visible. The camera is suddenly overturned and falls to the ground. One of the unnamed drones suddenly appears in the entire frame, and stands the camera back up, before exiting the building.
Kane soon arrives and starts explaining the timeline. He says goodbye to the viewers of the presentation, while the unnamed drones in the background wave at them. The video then ends.

"...did Kane know about the background events, or were they intentional?" HT asked nobody in general. The room is silent, and everyone appears stunned. Peter, Jenny, and Dan suddenly walk out of the classroom, everyone nervously following behind them. Nobody knew where they were heading. All they knew was that it involved Kane.