The warmth of winter

June 21st 2016, Yuki's 11th birthday

It was the beginning of winter, snowflakes are gently falling from the sky,the trees and roads are covered with snow, the temperature was freezing cold.

And yet there was something with warmth that only winter can bring.

A petite girl with a hair as white as the snow and cold ice blue eyes,was playing with the snow with a smile on her face.

A small,unfamiliar car drove infront of her house and where she was playing at.

"A car?..was someone moving in?",she thought to herself.

Her eyes trailed the car with curiousity,it stopped at a house next to hers.

She saw a boy who was most likely around her age stepped out from the car.

He has light black hair and golden pupils,his cheeks looks flushed from the winter chill.

She blanked out for a moment before shaking her head and turning away to play with the snow once more.

"Okay mom...",she heard a sigh and someone aproaching her,it was the boy.

"Hey...you seemed lonely,do you want to be friends?.." he asked,giving his hand to her.

She took his hand and shook it.

"My name is Asahi Aizen,its nice to meet you",he introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you too Asahi,i'm Yuki Aozora.." she smiled.

On that day she received a birthday present that was better than anything she could possibly have.

                                                                                              𖥔 ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗ ✧   ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗𖥔

"We're you playing in the snow alone?.." the boy asked.

"..yeah?..why?.."Yuki asked.

"Don't you get lonely?..why don't you play with your friends?.."

"I..was never the type to make many friends.."

"I see...well,i'll be your friend!"

"Y-you will?..."Yuki froze.

'why was that so sudden?..where did that came from?' she thought.

"Yeah,atleast you wouldn't look so lonely anymore"

'he was...worried about me?'

'All the other people thinks im weird,cold and unaproachable,so why does he?..'

"Honey?...if you're cold go home okay?..we'll have some blankets ready for you"His mother advised.

"Okay mom!.."he replied back.

"Your mother seems nice",Yuki complimented.

Asahi looked at her in the eyes,"just between you and me,she's not actually as nice as you think"

"Really?"

"...Yeah,do you wan't to play snow fight?"

"Sure.."

She did'nt understand why he would think so bad of his own mother, because all she sees was that his mother was a caring mother who was genuinely worried for her own son.

But she understood sooner than she would have thought.

                                                                                              𖥔 ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗ ✧   ֗ ֗ ֗ ֗ 𖥔