The sleepover that started it all

October 9, 2020.

======================================================

"Thank you everyone!!!", A purple-haired girl shouted, trying to catch her breath.

She looked towards her friends, with a smile present on each of their faces.

They all smiled, holding each other's hands.

The purple-haired girl must've given them some sort of signal because then they all nodded in sync.

"ֆȶǟʀǟӼɨǟ, to a bright future!!!", they all say at the same time, jumping up in the air and making the crowd go wild.

That was the last thing she heard before her dream unfortunately cut off.

Yuki's POV

I can feel myself waking up from the pleasant dream, despite refusing to do so.

Blinking a couple of times, I clutched my pillow tightly, wanting to cling to the dream just a single second more. Ultimately, of course, it failed.

I groaned as I started to get up from my bed.

That dream was so nice! even if I have no idea what it is. It's such a shame that I have to wake up from it.

Oh well,...Either way, I stepped into the warm shower, getting myself ready for the day.

After i finished showering, i started to wear my school uniform and brush my hair.

I gave myself a reassuring mental pat on the back, before grabbing my backpack and walking downstairs.

As i arrive downstairs, i heard the doorbell ring.

I rushed over to the door to see who it is, and faintly, I can see a brown blurry head from behind the door.

I opened the door excitedly, the door creaked open to reveal the person on the other side, who was my best friend.

"Asa-kun! Good morning!", I smiled, greeting him.

"Good morning! should we head to school now?" He returned my greeting with a smile.

"Yeah, sure!", I said as i stepped outside.

"MOM! DAD! I'M GOING TO SCHOOL NOW!" I yelled, loud enough for my parents to hear it.

Me and Asahi began our journey to school after hearing my mother's faint "Take care" from the distance.

As we walk side by side, at some point Asahi started to reach out to my hand and started holding it.

I didn't mind of course, I was used to it, he was my best friend since like what?... Three or four years ago? wow, time flies fast.

Soon enough, we reached our school and went to our respective classes.

"Well then, I'll see you after school...", Asahi said and hesitantly let go of my hand.

I turned around to look at him, "Yep! See you after school!!", I said with a smile, and turned away to go to my class.

I sat down at my seat, tapping my pen absentmindedly as i wait for the class to start.

And as i was doing that, I overheard a conversation that was happening from the table behind me.

"Did you watch the Live Performance last night?!"

"Of course, it'll be a crime not to!"

"I know right!! that has to be the most exciting live yet!"

"Yeah!...man, i wish i could be an Idol"

"Exactly, that way i didn't have to stick with my boring life anymore"

Idols?...I've heard a little about them before, mostly because my friends just wouldn't shut up about it, but i certainly did not know they were that popular.

I wonder...what are their lives like?

======================================================

Classes went through like the wind and soon enough, the bell rang, signalizing lunchtime.

I shoved my books into my locker and started to walk to the cafeteria to eat with my friends.

"Yuki-channn!!!", i feel someone hugging me from behind as a cheerful voice called out my name.

My lips started to lift into a smile, I didn't even need to look back as i instantly recognized them from their voice.

"Hikari!...Let go please, you're going to crush me", I said half-jokingly.

Hikari laughed, letting go of the hug and walking beside me.

"Sorry, habit-"

"ha, you're so silly", I joked as we made our way to the cafeteria.

Hikari was (and still are) a friend i made in the first year of junior high school. She and i were seatmates at the time.

She has shoulder-length curly blonde hair that is kept loose, fair skin, and pale yellow eyes.

She's very energetic and social, she and Asahi was the one that encouraged me to make the friends i now have.

We reached the cafeteria and looked for where our other friends are.

"hmm...I think that's Ichi right there! Yuki, this way!", Hikari said and pulled me along with her, rushing to where she spotted my other friend, Ichi or otherwise known as Ichika.

We arrived at the table, where sat two girls who is busy eating their food and watching something on their phone.

one of them looked up at us with a deadpan look. A girl with light blue eyes and short black hair, with bangs framing her face.

"Hikari...you shouldn't just drag her like that- what if you hurt her hand or leg somehow?", She started ranting.

"oh come on Rin, don't be such a worrywart, She's fineee...right, Yuki?", Hikari trailed, trying to reassure the older somehow. I nodded.

Despite all of us being in the same grade, Rin was still older than all of us by a year.

Rin only managed to let out a sigh, and soon turned her attention back towards the screen.

I stifle a laugh as i sat down next to Hikari, turning my attention to the phone as well.

"What are you guys so interested about?", I ask.

"We're about to watch the replay of yesterday's Live Stage!", A girl with long green twin tail styled hair and pink eyes or Ichika answered, looking excited.

"oh...the Idol thing that everyone has been talking about???", I let out a sigh.

"yeah!...hey don't sigh!...once you, tried to seriously watch their performance, you'll get what i mean!!", Ichika retorted.

"Okay, then...maybe i'll give them a watch..", I half-heartedly say.

"Then...in that case, why don't we have a sleepover? we can all watch it together!...tomorrow is a weekend, so now would be the perfect time to have a sleepover party right?!", Hikari suggested.

"hmm, sure...we can do it at my house, my parents wouldn't be home till monday anyways, it'll be nice to have some company...", Ichika agreed.

"I like the sound of that, I'm in!", Rin also joined in.

Hikari turned to look at me with puppy eyes, knowing full well that i can't refuse with that face.

"...Fine... I'll go ask my mom later...", I sighed, feeling defeated.

The group cheered, and I can feel myself smiling as well.

"Okay! then we meet at my house at 3 p.m...does that sound good?", Ichi suggested, And the group nodded.