Firefly - Chapter 5 Part One

Chapter 5

The whiskey made me tipsy for a while but slowly wore off throughout the day.

It got dark outside and all you could see outside was the lights of the city

"Ed, can I ask you a question?" slightly slurring my words.

"Sure why not?"

"Have you ever just wanted to just sleep and not want to wake up?

"You mean die?"

"Well sort of..I mean just drifting off and just disappearing without anyone noticing."

"I guess that at times I did..that would've sounded lovely if you weren't here with me. I could never just leave you without a trace."

"Ed if it weren't for you..i'd've died weeks ago. If not by hunger than by suicide and you mean so much..you're my world now,"

We held each other in a long warm embrace for a while, silence surrounding us except for the sounds of my stifled sobs.

"Night Ed,"

"Goodnight beautiful." Ed said softly while kissing me soft on the cheek.

The next few days we spent writing songs, playing board games that we altered to make more fun and just chatting.

I don't think I've never known someone as much as I know Ed. There isn't one thing in the world Ed doesn't know about me.

After a while, we fell in love until it hurt to bleed.

I woke on a Saturday evening from a quick nap in his bed to hear the click of the front door and find a box. And no Ed.

Where's Ed?

I opened the box and in it, it had a note and a...

is that a dress?

Oh man it was beautiful.

It was dark purple, blue and black and plaid. It fit me perfect. It just ended right above my knees.

It actually made me look good. My perfect dress, made me look vibrant from my blonde hair and pierced face to my unpainted toenails.

Along with the dress there was one of his green hoodies and a new pair of converse. God bless this boy.

I read the note, it read:

Dear My Beloved Amy,

Wear this dress and follow the candles to where I'll be.

-Ed

I walked out of his room and find a candle hung on the front door.

It smelled of warm vanilla and gave a beautiful yellow-white glow in the darkness.

I opened the front door and walked out into the cold air.

Thank God he gave me his hoodie!

I followed a few more candles and then found one with a note at the pub.

It said "Our First Kiss" and had a beautiful illustration of me and Ed after we had our smokes and kissed for the first time.

It made me blush a bit.

This continued for a while until i found a fort with hundreds of candles surrounding by a small pond.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to post! I havent had time. I know it's pretty short so ill make it a Part 1 and post Part 2 hopefully soon! Hope you liked it! thanks for reading :)