Part 2

It isn't often that you are laying flat on your bed, thinking about JJ Maybank, but here you are doing nothing other than that. The events from last week had been reeling in your head. It was one of the strangest things, starting off from the dinner with a kook family, to a weird party, to the whole teasing thing with JJ, which you're still not sure what that was about, then to top it off, a car ride with Carter through figure eight, where he asked you to hang out again. Weird.

You told him yes naturally, but out of everything that happened, your whole exchange with JJ is all you can find yourself thinking about, still.

What were you thinking? You wanted to just chalk up the experience to the alcohol consumption of that night, but that was merely wishful thinking. You hadn't had enough to really make any wild decisions, so your antics were strictly your own.

Since then, you had hung out with Carter a few times, to which you were thoroughly enjoying, but that was it, and you hadn't seen the others since the party. You can't lie that you had been avoiding JJ. You had been making up excuse after excuse as to why you couldn't hang out with them all week. You were being childish and you know it, but you didn't know what to do, it had freaked you out.

You look at the alarm clock, the three little digits flashing at you, a taunt that you have been unsuccessful in your attempts at sleeping. You groan, your hands wiping over your face as you turn to your side. You know you aren't going to get any sleep, but that isn't going to stop you from trying, again. You close your eyes for the twentieth time tonight, trying to count sheep before you finally drift off.

You know you hadn't set an alarm, so there isn't much reason for an annoying sound to be coming from your phone, but there is. You frantically get up, searching through the clothing piles on the floor in search of the culprit of the noise. I need to clean this shit up.

You grab the phone, seeing the call coming from Kie, sliding it to accept the call, before pressing it to your ear.

"Hello?" you croak.

You struggle to keep your eyes open, as you force yourself to sit down on your vanity chair.

"Good morning, sunshine," she beams.

It amazes you that some people can be so happy in the morning, up and ready to start the day, all before at least ten.

"Good morning," you groan.

You hear faint sounds in the background, which sound like voices, and wonder what it is that she is up to.

"What are you doing?" you ask.

"Well, we are getting ready to go out on the boat, so I was calling to see if you're in?" she pauses, talking to whoever is with her 'no don't put it there, it's going to fall over, you dumbass,' "Sorry, anyway, are you down?"

You nod, forgetting the fact that she can't actually see you, as you sit there with your eyes closed.

"Hello?" she prods.

"Sorry, yeah I'll be right over," you say with a yawn.

You hang up, pulling yourself up to fish through your dresser for a clean bikini to slip into. You quickly pull your hair up and out of your face, slip into a pair of shorts, brush your teeth, and grab your things before racing out the door.

You pull up outside the chateau, dragging yourself from your car, the sleepiness still controlling you. You see Kie on the porch, her phone pressed against her ear, and an annoyed expression on her face. You look around quickly, not spotting the boys at all, as you make your way to the porch.