Part 5

You had done it this time, played with the boundaries, pushed them, toyed with them, and now look where they had gotten you. Lying naked in a bed next to your best friend, fast asleep. This wasn't planned, wasn't even thought of, well not fully, but here it was, here you were.

You didn't have any intentions of being in the position you were currently in, at least none that you wanted to admit to. You continue to lie to yourself, saying that this wasn't what you had been thinking about ever since the night of the party.

You roll over on your side, searching for the warmth of JJ's body that you had been reveling in all night long. Your arm reaches out to grasp him, to pull yourself into him, but you find your grasp empty.

Your eyes flutter open to find the spot next to you empty, and the bed cold, he has been gone a while.

"JJ?" you call.

You keep your voice soft as you call for him, not sure if anyone is around. You grab one of his shirts, resting on the end of the bed, and slide it over your bare frame, before climbing out of bed.

You pull open the bedroom door, peaking out just slightly to see no one in sight, wondering where it is that he could have possibly run off too.

As you approach the front door, you hear what sounds like a heated argument.

"Are you serious right now, JJ! What the hell are you thinking?"

You peek out the window, seeing the familiar sight of John b, with a disgusted look on his face as he glares down at JJ, who was sitting on the porch couch.

"Look, there is nothing to worry about man, it's not that big of a deal."

He throws his arms up in a shrug, trying to make it seem like whatever it was that they are talking about was no big deal. You inch closer to the door to hear them better, your curiosity getting the best of you.

"No JJ, It is a big deal! What the fuck are you thinking? She is your best friend, my best friend!" john b exclaims.

"I know that, I know..I.." JJ rants.

John b's brows rise, scoffing at JJ's attempts at a response.

"Do you know? You are going to single-handedly ruin one of the best friendships you have, because of this. I'm not willing to lose her over this, and now thanks to you, nothing is going to be the same, JJ."

JJ takes a deep breath, running his hands through his messy hair. He stands up, shaking his head slowly.

"No, you're wrong because nothing is going to change, okay?"

At this point you were considering what it was John b was getting at, things had to be different now, and whether or not that was for better or worse, you had no idea.

"How is it not, JJ! Please tell me."

John b brings his arms to fold across his chest, the look of annoyance resting on his features. He was just as curious as you were to know what JJ had to say, what excuse he had to get him out of this sticky situation.

"Because it was a one-time thing, it was just a hookup, it didn't mean anything."

Your stomach drops and your eyes widen at his comment. You can't lie, hearing that hurt. You hadn't gotten the chance to discuss anything, but hearing that's how he felt about it, that it was nothing more than a silly hookup between friends, you don't think you need to discuss it any further. You didn't know what it meant to you, but it seemed like JJ had his view made up, for the both of you.