2 : Fate

Cold breeze were scourging hard on her bare skin. The night was bleak and quiet, it was an excellent timing to freshen up her mind. The siroccos were finally come to its end and now the mellow air started to cover the whole town as what she wanted eagerly.

Her hometown begun to suffer an extensive drought all over the place. It was harder than she expected to be. However, good thing the cold season began to start.

Sitting on a hard rock under the cherry blossom, she took out a deep sigh and lifted her face to look above observing the sky. The winter was commencing and so does the moon in its first quarter at the moment.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" she remain untroubled knowing the certain person who had just spoke.

A tall  and groomed male stood behind at her currently doing the same thing as both of them looking at the moon. "It is on its first quarter, of course it'll look beautiful."  she said still looking up.

The man made his lips in a thin line before he said, "Are you saying ending is not beautiful as the beginning?"

"Isn't it? Can you imagine, after walking a long journey then the time might come that it'll end. Somehow, I find it melancholic." she utter.

"I strongly disagree with that." he sighed. "I believe not because you feel unhappy that means its the end. Endings weren't always sad, as long as you are feeling sad, meaning it's now the end yet..."

Observing the moon, the man focussed on the petals gently falling from the tree for the reason that the wind continuously flew.

In other hand, the girl stayed quiet and decided not to talk about what was he has been said. She was feeling of confusion and thinking maybe the guy was right.

"I should ask you what are you doing here." she asked him.

The man stepped forward and headed his way to sit next to her. "That's the same thing I am asking you right now. It's cold out here, you should have stayed inside. Your clothes aren't thick enough to protect you against this kind of weather."

"I am just fine as you could've imagine." she stated and stared into the lake across them."I used to live at the Suangli mountain. This weather was lighter than we experienced every cold season."

She took a little sigh when a little memory of her life from where she lived ran on her thought. She felt alone now, without her family. The rift she was feeling when she misses them added more struggle due to the intense coldness.

Warmless winds continued to flew at them but before she could react, she felt a little weight above her shoulders for the reason of a warm cloth was put by the guy on her. She looked at him, curious about the suddenness. Both of their eyes were on each other's.

"You look so congenial."  he above-mentioned making her blinked.

She didn't know how to respond, like she was there unable to move couldn't take her eyes off on him. "I-I doubt that." and decided to looked away.

His eyes were magnificent enough to be addicted to.And she was afraid she might be captured by those beautiful eyes. As for a moment after, snow started falling out of nowhere and both of them were amazed by the skies. The stars shined bright as well as the moon.

"My mother told me when I was little, the moment you witnessed first snowfalls the same time with the first appearance of the moon," he shifted his gaze from the skies towards her while she gently looked at him as well.