1 : Odd

Year 2021

It was 8am in the morning,the rain was pouring heavily from the sky covering the whole campus with darkness from the clouds.

She sighed observing the students getting inside the bus, silently sitting next to the window. People entered the bus one by one before getting on their seats while she was there at the backseat  already preferring for the school trip.

"Hey there!Oh my goodness,the weather is quite awful today. What a bad timing for our trip." she looked up to the one that approached her recognizing her friend. Yang Miyeon.

The girl took off her backpack and sat next to her. She watched her friend dried herself after getting soaked from the rain.

"You should at least brought an umbrella, Miyeon." she said to her before shifting her head back at the window.

Miyeon pouted her lips and leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. She's obviously tiny than her. "I was rushing to leave the house and forgot about it.I thought I would be late for school."

Yang Miyeon is a cheerful girl and kinda opposite from her. Based on their looks and personality,they are far from each other.

Their history professor planned to bring her class to the famous YEONGPONG MUSEUM as part of her discussion about the ancient period and classical era in Korea.

After a couple of minutes,the class was ready as Mrs. Kang arrived. Both of them paid attention to the front as the professor started to talk.

"May I have your attention class...be seated, please." she directed.

Students listened as they stopped making some noice and waits for the teacher's instructions.

"Thank you. First, before we leave I want all of you to please don't forget to wear your IDs. It is needed as a sign that we can enter the museum. Second, let me check your attendance.As I called your name, don't forget to say 'present', understood?"

Mrs. Kang began calling out their names one by one while looking at her iPad.

"Jung Luna..." the prof clamored but no one responded.

"Where is Ms.Jung Luna?" she asked the class.

Miyeon that was busy on her phone heard the teacher. She immediately elbowed her friend that was still looking at the window, dumbfounded.

"Hey,Luna..." Miyeon whispered as she tapped her. She swiftly turned her gaze to her friend and finally realized what's happening.

All of the students eyes were looking at her as she got panicked. She noticed her teacher looking at her too and realized Mrs. Kang was checking the attendance a while ago.

Miyeon covered her face with both of her hands feeling the second hand embarrassment from Luna. "C-Come on. Say 'present', Luna." she whispered at her.

Luna heard her right and gulped. Some of the students was holding their laugh as they were looking at her.

'Aish, stupid people. This is embarrassing.' she said on her mind.

"P-Present?Sorry ma'am I wasn't paying attention." she said. Mrs. Kang shaked her head side by side making some of the students chuckles.

Luna kept her lips shut then gripped her cloth. She's nervous being the center of attention.

"You seemed to have your own world, Ms. Jung. Please be attentive next time,okay?" she nodded after hearing the class laughing.

"Okay, quite now and get ready. The bus is now ready to leave."Mrs. Kang said before getting on her seat.