Foolish Hearts (Katsuki Bakugou x Fem!Reader x Eijiro Kirishima) 1

"We're dating."

There is a pause in the air, as if each person in the room is trying to confirm if they heard Uraraka right. Then, they all erupt into applause. Denki and Mina's voices chorus loudly above the others with WOO-HOOs and wolf whistles.

Beside you, Tsuyu stops clapping. She leans over to your desk, eyebrows creasing softly. "Are you feeling okay?"

You tilt your head slightly. You aren't crying yet so you wondered what made her ask that.

She looks down on your desk then back at you. "You snapped your pen in half."

"Hm ... "

"[Name]―"

You shoot up so fast your chair hits Kirishima's desk behind you. "I need to use the restroom." Batting your eyelashes, you rush away before Tsuyu could say another word. Not two steps away from the classroom and your chest finally bursts, and with it comes a flood of tears. You bite down on your cheek to stop the whimpers until reaching the stairs.

Cursing inwardly, you collapse on the steps.

It's okay, you think, everything is okay. You already knew a long time ago that Katsuki could never see you more than the girl next door. Hell, you were sure he didn't even see you as a girl. To him, you are just [Name], one of the guys.

"Hey, you ... "

You turn your head away as Eijiro walks closer.

"Are you ... okay?"

"Are you an idiot?"

He chuckles lightly, "Yeah, seems so."

"No," you sigh. "You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry."

He grins as if to say "don't mind" then he points a foot on the space next to you. You shrug and he sits down.

"Wanna talk about it?" Eijiro asks, but he asks it expecting a no. You both knew this was coming but you never brought it up and he kept quiet up until now.

You are in love with Katsuki, you have been since the moment you first met in the playground; he called you gross for playing in the mud and you tried to force a pie down his throat. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship and an innocent crush which then evolved into a rebarbative one-sided love.

Katsuki texted you every single night without fail, never a good night, just "Get some sleep, dumbass" so he wouldn't have to personally march up your room and pull you out of bed. Everyday you went to school together and he would watch you enter your house first before leaving for home. He wasn't yours, but you were content. You thought you could be happy simply being by his side.

Then that girl arrived.

No more texts, no more walks. No more affectionate pats on the head. It was a matter of time before you became another background character ...

They say love is the singular thing that brings hope and peace and every good thing. What a load, you think. This unfair love for Katsuki only brought out the bad in you. But Uraraka brought out your worst. Jealousy, pettiness, suspicion, maybe even mild misogyny; every trait of the textbook catty bitch. You hate feeling this way. You are not a victim, you shouldn't be sulking and Uraraka-san doesn't deserve what you feel about her.

Calloused fingers on yours brings you back to reality.

Eijiro mumbles, "Just let me see." He gently pulls your shaking, bloody hand on his lap. You didn't even notice you were bleeding until now.

He uncurls your fingers and picks the pieces of pen from your skin. Seeing him like this makes it difficult to believe he has a Quirk like Hardening. He is one of the softest souls you knew. You wonder if he ever loved like this. Were his feelings reciprocated? Was the person he loved taken? Has he ever wanted to tear apart another human the way you did with Uraraka every time you saw her draped against Katsuki?

"Eijiro," you whisper, too afraid to talk any louder, "what would you do?"

After a minute of silence, he finally lifts his head away from your palm. Smiling weakly, he replies, "I just want the person I love to be happy."