Part 2

Chris,

"We're here.", our driver announced. I leaned over and tapped Lani.

"Babe wake up.", I said. She slowly opened her eyes.

"Where are we?", she asked stretching and sitting up.

"Umm we're at your brother's house.", he said. I got up and got Kayla from the carseat laying her on my shoulder.

Lani hopped out the car and ran up the drive way. She slowed down a little then stopped. She turned around to me with a confused expression.

"When did we get in a car?", she asked.

"You're not as heavy as you think.", I answered closing the trunk. "Thank you.", I told the driver. He nodded then drove off.

I walked up to Lani.

"You ready?", I asked.

"Yeah I guess. I'll just have to adjust to all of this moving around and running away. You know?", she said. I nodded.

"We'll be fine.", I said leaning in to kiss her forehead. "I promise.", we walked up the steps and she rung the doorbell. I stood on the side waiting for the door to be answered.

"Hey baby sis.", he said. He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. "Oh, you brought guests.", he said.

"Wassup.", I spoke up.

"Oh Jared, this is Chris. My husband.", Lani said. His eyes lit up.

"Husband?!", he said a little shocked. "Where have I been.", he said. "Well nice to meet you.", he said giving me a dap. "Awe who is this precious little one.", he said referring to Kayla. I picked her up off of my shoulder and handed her to him.

"Uhh can we come in?", I asked.

"Oh I'm sorry. Come on in.", he said. "Wow.", he said looking at Kayla. "Sorry sis but she is definitely Chris' twin.", I chuckled a little closing the door walking in.

"So what brings y'all here?", he asked.

"Whew, long ass story.", I said.
I sat on the couch. I grabbed Lani's arm making her sit in my lap.

"I start work at 6:00. Its 2:37. I got plenty of time.", he said glancing at his watch.

"Babe you've been bugging me about this so here it goes.", they all nodded.

***********

"This nigga must be a stalker or some shit. Y'all really need to be careful especially with a 2 year old daughter. Y'all are welcome to stay as long as you want under one condition. Chris I can't pay bills for two grown individuals. It's just not right. Don't take this the wrong way but, you might wanna start looking for a job.", Jared said. I chuckled a little along with Lani then Kayla started cheesing and clapping.

"What?", he said looking at us weirdly.

"Big brother, he owns half of Riverdale and some of the cities in New York, we'll be fine.", Lani said

(A/N if this is impossible well imagine it happening lol)

"Damn bruh.", he said. I nodded then looked out the window seeing Uhaul trucks pulling up down the block.

"You got some new neighbors.", I told Jared. My phone buzzed. I took my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it. It was unknown.

"Y'all come here.", I said. They all cane over.

"What happened?", Lani said.

"Well read it, it's the same unknown number.", I said then tapped on the box to open it.

It read: Just arrived. Time to settle in. I see you've met Jared.

I turned around real fast after reading that. I didn't see Kayla nor Jared anywhere.

I closed the message and dialed my driver's number.

Phone Conversation:

"Hello?"

"Pete, why'd you bring me here?"

"Well first things first. My name is John and-",

"Wait. I know you. Working with August and shit."

"That's right. Already got Kayla. Jared just called us up so its all good.",

"How could I be so stupid.", I mumbled then hung up.

......

"Babe, your brother is no good.", I said.

"Yeah I see.", she said.

I quietly went upstairs with Lani looking for Kayla. She was nowhere to be found. I checked all over his house.

"Mommy.", I heard Kayla say from upstairs.

"Bruh, this is my sister. I don't think I can finish this job. You'll just have to kill me.", I heard Jared say. We quietly walked up the stairs.

What have Jared gotten himself into.

Comment and/or Vote

Sorry for any typos

Dido✌✌✌