4

Chris,

Almost busting the door down, I opened the garage door. I walked into the living room going straight to Jared. I jacked him up and slammed him into the wall.

"Lani get Kayla outta here.", I nearly shouted out of anger. She hurriedly went upstairs with Kayla. I looked back at Jared.

"Don't tell me you was planning on helping that son of a bitch!", I shouted.

"Nigga, let me go.", he said calmly.

"Nah, that's yo fucking family and you was gone do it.", I said surprised. "You was about to do that shit? I can't believe you man.", I said dropping him.

"Yo Chris, I can explain.", he said as I went upstairs going for Lani and Kayla.

"Don't say shit to me.", I shouted out of anger. I looked back at him. He ran his hand down his face. I shook my head pissed off continuing my way upstairs.

I heard footsteps behind me.

"Lani, Kayla, let's go.", I mumbled. They followed me out.

"Bye uncle J-", Kayla began.

"Kayla don't say shit to him. He ain't yo uncle.", I yelled. She looked shocked. I felt bad as I saw her lip poking out.

"Chris don't yell at her.", Lani said. We walked down the steps. I picked her up as she started crying.

"I'm sorry baby, we gotta go. Okay?", I said. She nodded wiping her tears. She laid her head on my shoulder as I walked out to the taxi. I'm guessing Lani called when they were upstairs. I put Kayla in the car and buckled her up. Me and Lani went back inside to get the rest of our things and put them in the trunk. I opened the back door for Lani and I got in the passenger seat.

Lani POV

"You were lucky enough that I came in time to see Kayla coming down. She could have fallen all the way down and died because you were too slow to save her.", Jared came out of nowhere.

"No, I had her. You only knew she was about to fall cus you in Aug prolly communicating at the moment. You didn't think I knew about that shit. Jared even if that happened a few years ago, I never forget so don't try to come over here and put on this act like were cool. I will never forgive you.", I said getting Kayla out of the bushes.

"Are you okay baby?", I asked her. She nodded wide-eyed.

"You don't mean that. I'm your brother", Jared said like he was hurt.

"Nigga last time I checked, I don't have a brother.", I spat and walked away hoping he felt the same way I do when I found out he was helping August kill his own family. Basically. Chris ran into me cutting off my thoughts.

"Oh my god, are you okay?", he asked Kayla. I looked down at her seeing her eyes slowly close.

"Kayla. Kayla, baby wake up.", I said shaking her.

"She probably went into a shock. We need to get her to the hospital quick.", Chris said running past me.

He came back outside and threw me the keys to his Lexus. I quickly unlocked the doors and opened the back door and got in laying Kayla on my lap. I brushed a strand of her hair and put it behind her ear.

Chris got in the car and I gave him the keys. He turned on the car and drove off turning he music on a low volume.

"It's gonna be okay baby.", I said kissing Kayla's forehead.

If y'all are confused:

The italic format is the PRESENT (what's going on now).

The regular format is the PAST (what happened back then).

Now that that's out of the way....

His was the update.

Vote please. Comment pretty please. Share beautiful please. Lol fr tho...

Ronnie✌✊✊✌