babysitters

A/N: all of my previous zadison oneshots have mainly been aus i guess you could say (only cause i prefer domesticated zadison over canon zadison), but this one is actually canon zadison because for once i wanted to do that so enjoy

Zoe struts in their shared room with an optimistic smile tainting her lips and cheeks, and Madison remains limp on the bed with her Us Weekly magazine in hand and her eyes stuck to the pages. It takes a minute too long for Madison to notice Zoe's presence, but she stands there with her hands clasped in front of her stomach cheerily in patience nonetheless.

When Madison flips the sticky sounding page and her eyes rove up to Zoe's, her eyebrows raise with careless slack.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Her comments are gritty and a sharp punch to the gut per usual, but when she speaks directly towards Zoe during their alone time it gentles into something less pointy and more softer.

"I have a proposal."

"Please don't pathetically get down on one knee again, I already said no once." Zoe's eyes squint harshly, and her previous expression of hope twisted joy melts into bitterness and annoyance in reference to what happened when she was last drunk.

Even she knew Madison was touched and on the verge of saying yes, had it not been for Zoe vomiting the regurgitated liquor onto her shoes which caused her to screech out a bold and prominent no.

"Trust me, I don't wanna marry you as badly as you think I do. Anyway," She takes a side step to gain proximity towards Madison's twin sized bed, and her magazine flops forward onto her stomach in rest.

"I have a job offer."

Madison scoffs, and a taunting smile of ignorance pricks the corner of her mouth menacingly.

"I already have a job. You though, on the other hand, do not. So whatever bullshit you're about to suggest, I will fully support and make you lunch on your interview day." The entirety of her words that curved off her tongue were sarcastic and rude, and Zoe could feel the itching urge to roll her eyes into the back of her head.

"It's a job for us. And it pays well."

"Yeah, well, I hate to break it to you, Zoe, but my job pays me well enough as is." Her nimble fingers reach the edges of the magazine, and she's already settled on delving back into the world of celebrities and gossiping drama that always seems to entertain her so well.

"Madison.." Zoe drawls out, and sits at the foot of her bed merely inches away from her girlfriend. Madison's eyes shoot up from behind her issue, and Zoe can already picture the grimace of hatred she's giving her.

"Don't use that tone with me." She peels out aggressively. Zoe knows she only despises when she talks like this is because it always seems to work on her, and Madison would hate to admit that Zoe Benson has a soft spot in any crevice of her heart.

"Madison," She repeats again with the same tone, only softer this time, and more sweetly candied.

"Jesus fuck Zoe," Madison tosses her magazine to the side in frustration as her hardened walls began crumbling, and Zoe's grin grows into her eyes at her success.

"Fine. Tell me what job it is." Her arms cross over her chest guardedly, and Zoe feels her inner excitement curl into her lips before she has the chance to speak.

"So you know the new family across the street from us?"

"The one with the abstinent siblings?"

Zoe nods along before continuing, "I went over there today to give them a flower bouquet for the holidays-"

"Oh god, don't tell me you gave them the ugly ass Poinsettias." Zoe bites back a frown at Madison's constant negativity to her taste in literally everything, and lets a calm exhale expand her lungs and reach her shoulders.