Chapter One: First Day of Summer Vacation

∂уℓαи'ѕ ρσν

         I practically jump out of my bed, "OH MY GOD. WHAT TIME IS IT?!" I turn my head to my night dresser, which has my phone on it, and grab it. 10:30. "No, no, this can't be happening! It's the first day of summer vacation and I'm going to show up late!" I jump out of bed and run into my closet to get dressed.

        I slip on the first thing I find in my closet, which happens to be a maroon tank-top and black leggings. I slip on my white flip-flops. I then put on my big "nerd" glasses, and then tie my hair up into a messy bun. My makeup decides to cooperate, because my eyeliner and eyeshadow are on point. I swipe on some mascara and blush, then brush my teeth and run downstairs.

        Mom and Lucas are sitting at the table, both of them in the middle of eating, "My, my, Dylan... What are you wearing?" She puts her fork on her plate, smiling sweetly at me. "I know you wanted to dress more "normal"- which I don't understand what the normal thing to wear is now a days- but my daughter will not wear almost see-through leggings in public."

        I glare at the smug look on my birthgiver's face. "My, my, mother... Why don't you fuck off?" I storm across the room and grab my purse. "Lucas, you either come with me or walk to the beach." Lucas's eyes widen as he looks back at mom. She rolls her eyes and stares back at her breakfast. 

        "Coming Dyl!" Lucas grabs his bag while he follows me out the door. As soon as we got into the beat up Chevy, he turns to me. "She's gonna kill us both when we get home."

        I smirk at my older brother. "Who said we're going home?" I start the truck and speed out of the driveway and away from that hellhole.

        He gives me a shocked look. "No, no, no, no! Not again, Dylan Rachelle!" Lucas protests.

        I shoot him a glare. "Don't you ever call me that. Ever again." I state angrily. 

        He puts his hands up in the air and sighs. I can tell he hates going there, but anything is better than being home with my mother.

        I turn on the radio to my favorite alternative station. "Shut up and Dance With Me", as known as MY FAVORITE FUCKING SONG EVER, is playing. I start belting out the lyrics, and look over to Lucas when I hear him laughing. "Oh, is that funny? You think my singing's a joke? Fight me, you hoe!"

       Lucas laughs harder and after a while, I finally join in. I may act a bit black sometimes. "Damn, I hang out with Teagan way too much." I mumble under my breath.

       After a few minutes, we make it to the beach. "Get out of my goddamn Chevy, you poopsicle." I giggle and climb out of the truck, running over to climb onto Lucas's back. "To the ocean we go!!"

        "Jesus Christ, how much do you weigh?" Lucas wraps his arms around my legs and throws me up to keep me on his back. I wrap my arms around his neck, giggling softly.

        "One hundred and fifteen pounds!" I yell proudly.

        "Well, you feel like you weigh a ton. Literally- I think you're an elephant disguised as my little sister. And do you notice that I said little? Yeah, that's not what you feel like," He chuckles.

        "Aw, I love you too Lucas!" I place a kiss on his cheek, grinning happily. He throws me off of his back once we get to the beach.

        "OH MY GOD CHRIS. WAIT, TEAGAN?! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I THOUGHT YOU HAD TO BABYSIT!!" I run up to Teagan and Chris, then throw my arms around them. "I'm so glad we get to hang out- today's really nice!"